MIUI11.0.7 -> OTA to MIUI12?

Firnefex

Members
Jun 22, 2020
Hello!

Once I installed Xiaomi.eu 8.2.3.0 Stable on my nearly 5 years old Redmi 3s as it was delivered with Chinese/English only instead of German. Now its still the same ROM, because there is no update possible other than formating again, I have no further experience with Xiaomi.eu.

Now I bought a Redmi Note 9s for my Mum as a birthday present in end of July. I don't think there is a chance that the second wave of MIUI12 support comes until then, so I have to install the suggested MIUI11.0.7 ROM first.
My questions are:
a) Is this the Stable Release or a weekly based ROM?
b) I read that now you can update your ROM like the Global. Is it also possible to upgrade from 11 to 12 without erasing anything when it finally comes?
c) OTA updates depend on the version you initially installed I guess, or can you choose everytime between weekly and stable?

Hello,

a) Latest Stable xiaomi.eu ROM (based on Global ROM) version for Redmi Note 9S (curtana) is 11.0.8.0. :)
There are no weekly ROMs for this device because no China ROMs (China Beta ROMs) are released on it (and no more Global Beta ROMs since long time ago...).

b) Yes, "OTA" updater is available on xiaomi.eu ROMs and you can update to MIUI 12 Stable from MIUI 11 Stable without wipes/format data (but you will certainly need to manually install it because "OTA" updater will normally not be able to download it...).

c) Like said in a), very low chance to have weekly releases on this device but yes, you can't select between "Stable" and "Weekly" in "OTA" updater because it's recommended to "Format Data" if you want to change "branch". ;)

Reactions: Firnefex
Hello,

a) Latest Stable xiaomi.eu ROM (based on Global ROM) version for Redmi Note 9S (curtana) is 11.0.8.0. :)
There are no weekly ROMs for this device because no China ROMs (China Beta ROMs) are released on it (and no more Global Beta ROMs since long time ago...).

b) Yes, "OTA" updater is available on xiaomi.eu ROMs and you can update to MIUI 12 Stable from MIUI 11 Stable without wipes/format data (but you will certainly need to manually install it because "OTA" updater will normally not be able to download it...).

c) Like said in a), very low chance to have weekly releases on this device but yes, you can't select between "Stable" and "Weekly" in "OTA" updater because it's recommended to "Format Data" if you want to change "branch". ;)

Thank you very much! :)