How should I do OTA with TWRP pre-installed with the ROM

RedstoneEnjoyer

Members
Feb 24, 2024
Device Info:
> ROM Version: MIUI by xiaomi.eu 14.0.7.0.TLMCNXM
> Device Codename: munch (Redmi K40S)

The title might be a little confusing, so I'll try to explain my case here.

> I didn't flash the TWRP myself.
> After installing the said ROM, I found my device having been installed TWRP when booting into the recovery. That is, it appears that the ROM itself comes with TWRP pre-installed.

Now I know that you can do the update using fastboot, but I wonder if there's a way to do it the OTA way (since it asks me whether my device is TWRPed or not.)

OTA update.
If the "Update" app asks if you have TWRP, confirm "yes".

Attachments

• OTA aktualizace.png
    OTA aktualizace.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 90
OTA update.
If the "Update" app asks if you have TWRP, confirm "yes".
Thanks, but I have one challenge: I don't get to see the user directory (the 6th screen), so can't see the zip-file. It's is in /data/media/0 with the exact same size, but it's encrypted.
How to get the user directory with that download or how to get the downloaded zip-file into a directory which I see when I press the Install button (your 5th screen).

1, you didn't specify what device you have
2, you probably have an old version of TWRP and it needs to be updated
3, Or for your device (model series 14) TWRP cannot decrypt the data partition (you can use OTG-USB

1, you didn't specify what device you have
2, you probably have an old version of TWRP and it needs to be updated
3, Or for your device (model series 14) TWRP cannot decrypt the data partition (you can use OTG-USB
1. Xiaomi 14 Pro unlocked by ncunlock
2. I used twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-shennong-skkk.img from sourceforge
3. Why is this? I read somewhere that maybe with an wipe of the data will work (haven't tried that yet).

The update app places the new shenong eu rom.zip in the /data/media/0 map but it's encrypted and I can only see it via otg-usb. Why does updater not place the file in the /data/media/twrp map which is unencrypted. From there it's an easy upgrade. If I can't unencrypt this downloaded shennong rom.zip file, is there another version of updater which does that?

No... don't overcomplicate things. As Gogocar62 said, you can use OTG USB or Fastboot.
Hopefully, in the future, they will release TWRP that can decrypt for your device.