Mix 2 With Xiaomi Usb C Anc Headphones Issues

punkmonkey1984

Members
Sep 7, 2011
Hi everyone I just got some new type C USB earphones (http://www.mi.com/earphonetype-c/)
However they seem to be an issue with the sound, as they work ok while music is playing, but on pausing the music I get a loud high pitch sound which only stops when I unplug the connector.

I figured these would work as they work for all the other Xiaomi flagship phones with type C.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something from the settings or need to install something to get these working 100% correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Punkmonkey1984, I have exactly the same headphones and have litterly 0 problems with them.
They work as they are supposed to work and when nothing is playing I have no audio other then the anc sounds...
I didn't touch my settings so I have no clue what could be wrong with yours...
Have you tested the earphones on another usb c device?

Hi Punkmonkey1984, I have exactly the same headphones and have litterly 0 problems with them.
They work as they are supposed to work and when nothing is playing I have no audio other then the anc sounds...
I didn't touch my settings so I have no clue what could be wrong with yours...
Have you tested the earphones on another USB c device?

Thanks for the reply, they seemed to work ok with the quick test on my wife's s8.
Under miui sound settings it is grayed out and I cant change any audio settings when they are plugged, says USB controller headphones are not supported, I can change those when using the 3.5mm to USB C dongle converter.
I scanned the attached QR code and they came back positive as authentic.

The sounds seem to happen when a sudden audio change is happening, example, I'm listening to music then suddenly I open a youtube video or I call someone I get a split second or distorted high pitched sound where the audio source has changed from a > b.

I'll give that a test later on; but from my memory and limited doing those actions I didn't receive those problems.
But I will check later on just to be sure

I'll give that a test later on; but from my memory and limited doing those actions I didn't receive those problems.
But I will check later on just to be sure

Thanks, I will update to today's latest rom and check for more issues I saw they added another codec so maybe that's hopefully sorting things out

Did you solve the problem? I have the mi mix 2 and have the same proble.
No, it did go away, but has since come back with a recent update.
I'm starting to think that miui is putting the audio drivers to sleep.
Im finding it so annoying that I might stop using the headphones as the noise is so sudden and loud it makes my heart race and I feel stress from it.

In which Version of Miui was it fixed? So we can hope with a new Miui Update it could be fixed or do I understand it wrong?

In which Version of Miui was it fixed? So we can hope with a new Miui Update it could be fixed or do I understand it wrong?
Two updates ago it was working fine.
I remember I wiped my device and did a fresh installation. Maybe that sorted things out and it worked without issues.
After it was working fine I had a problem while trying out the official global ROM and had to wipe everything again. Since then it's not been working correctly.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Ok i will try today to do a clean install. When the problem is the same after this i have to wait and i hope xiaomi fix this bug.

Ok i will try today to do a clean install. When the problem is the same after this i have to wait and i hope xiaomi fix this bug.
I turned OFF Google 'ok' detection and it's stopped with the noises.
Please give it a try.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk
409153d3a213940dd567374bd1c59f83.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rafalmag
Thanks Punkmonkey1984. I had the same problem with the headphones. Most
times when I tried to start music with a player loud noise came. Amazon music, Spotify was okay. After I swiched off the "voice match - ok Google" option the problem was gone. Nevertheless I hope Xiaomi will fix the bug with the next update.

I had the same issue with my mi 6 and anc type-c earphones from xiaomi. But Punkmonkey1984 has solved the issue (thank you so much). I hope it gets fixed in next updates. I like ok google feature and use it oftenly.

It would be awesome if this bug would be solved :)
Because we can't use google voice for now.

Last edited: