Invalid MIX 4 google account cannot login

dastsong

Members
Sep 17, 2021
MIX 4 unlocked bootloader on official stable 12.5.7, flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIX4_21.9.8_v12-11-fastboot. Clean flash, using "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"

can't log in to google. It says "Checking info..." then "couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later". I have network connection.

Is it required that I should be on official(china) BETA 21.9.8 before fastboot flashing EU 21.9.8?

Reactions: wanccy
Same here, flashed a Mix 4 last week with no Google sign in issues.

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Try a few more times. I have MIX 4 for test, logged in just fine.
Thanks! I tried many times, even tried all fastboot ROM versions:

Was doing clean flash, using "first_install_with_data_format.bat" option.

on all of them, says "Checking info..." then "couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later".
Does it matter which ROM I was on, prior to flashing the fastboot?
I was on official china STABLE 12.5.7 before flashing the xiaomi.eu ROM

Same here, flashed a Mix 4 last week with no Google sign in issues.

Regards

Thanks! Is it possible that this is a device-specific problem?? I have no idea how to check and why it fails. From my understanding, it's complete wipe and fastboot flash of all partitions....

It did not even come to the step to ask for my account info, so I don't think it's google-account specific. I am in the US, if that matters, I even tried getting a VPN to the UK, which made no difference.

If I skip the setup, all apps including google app has network working - I can even do google search, just not able to sign in.

I tried using my cellular network for the setup, same issue.

Thanks! Is it possible that this is a device-specific problem?? I have no idea how to check and why it fails. From my understanding, it's complete wipe and fastboot flash of all partitions....

It did not even come to the step to ask for my account info, so I don't think it's google-account specific. I am in the US, if that matters, I even tried getting a VPN to the UK, which made no difference.

If I skip the setup, all apps including google app has network working - I can even do google search, just not able to sign in.

I tried using my cellular network for the setup, same issue.
Can you Login by browser?

Obviously not with chrome but maybe Firefox or incognito tab?

By any chance, did you modify you hosts file?

Like blocking the Google address by accident?
Also verify your dns settings, try 8.8.8.8 ;)

This must be some weird coincidence..

Can you Login by browser?

Obviously not with chrome but maybe Firefox or incognito tab?

By any chance, did you modify you hosts file?

Like blocking the Google address by accident?
Also verify your dns settings, try 8.8.8.8 ;)

This must be some weird coincidence..

Yes I can login from browser, just not any Google app.

No modification to the system in anyway whatsoever, completely new flash, boot up and straight to failure connecting with Google

All other devices under same network works all fine.

Completely new flashing
Complete wipe
Initial install, wipe everything, straight boot up and connect wifi, then failure happens

This is just absurd.

Yes I can login from browser, just not any Google app.

No modification to the system in anyway whatsoever, completely new flash, boot up and straight to failure connecting with Google

All other devices under same network works all fine.

Completely new flashing
Complete wipe
Initial install, wipe everything, straight boot up and connect wifi, then failure happens

This is just absurd.
How to create a logcat file

# connect phone with PC and USB
# set USB debug - on
# create a textfile -> eg logfile.txt in adb folder on PC
# adb logcat > logfile.txt
# make actions on phone and wait for issue
# ctrl+c (to stop logfile recording)
# analyze the logfile
# send the last eg 5 seconds, the relevant entries

Reactions: dastsong
How to create a logcat file

# connect phone with PC and USB
# set USB debug - on
# create a textfile -> eg logfile.txt in adb folder on PC
# adb logcat > logfile.txt
# make actions on phone and wait for issue
# ctrl+c (to stop logfile recording)
# analyze the logfile
# send the last eg 5 seconds, the relevant entries
Thanks!
Here is a section of the log file that I caputred. (Had to wipe my phone and flash it to xiaomi.eu, ghrrrrrr!!)

I tried to analyze it, but apparently it's hard for me.
There are lots of errors related to network/ google gms

Attachments

• log.txt
    798.6 KB · Views: 164
Do you have 2 factor authentication on your google profile? Can you disable it?
If this doesn't work create a new google account and try to log in with it just for test.

Do you have 2 factor authentication on your google profile? Can you disable it?
If this doesn't work create a new google account and try to log in with it just for test.
Sorry I'm afraid this is an invalid question. It cannot even get to the page that asks me for my account. So I'm sure this is nothing to do with my account.

Sorry I'm afraid this is an invalid question. It cannot even get to the page that asks me for my account. So I'm sure this is nothing to do with my account.
No, he means check it on another device - on the security pager for example you can see all devices on your account.

Sometimes Google accounts can't be accessed on new devices for a little while. Seems rare but I've had it when I imported a phone from China. Bit... random. Only lasted a few days though and I didn't hve to do anything.

Hopefully this happens for you

No, he means check it on another device - on the security pager for example you can see all devices on your account.

Sometimes Google accounts can't be accessed on new devices for a little while. Seems rare but I've had it when I imported a phone from China. Bit... random. Only lasted a few days though and I didn't hve to do anything.

Hopefully this happens for you
Thanks! Hopefully it resolves in a few days

I'm still confused about why it relates to my account. Are you saying that it may be because the device used to have my account signed in, Google can recognize this unit, even though it is fully wiped?

I have turned off 2FA for my Google account and removed everything that is related to this mix4 (signed out). Re-tried and still says couldn't connect.

Can log in with browser, just not with any google app including the initial setup app.
I have turned off 2FA

This is clearly a Xiaomi.eu bug
When I flash it back on Official China stable rom, I can login to my account just fine. Google play services all works fine.

I guess you have changed the Rom already, but from what I see, Google is rejecting your login attempts due to bad request caused by socket error, something seems to be missing (config file).

Furthermore the setup assistant can't be called, so it seems the Google framework wasn't installed properly :(

If you try again please ensure you factory reset the device after Install, also delete all data for all Google related apps.

Maybe a manual update to Google beta gms / gsf could help too.

This should not happen:

Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.enterprise.service.START pkg=com.google.android.gms } U=0: not found 09-18 23:03:17.530 2355 8596 W ActivityManager: Unbind failed: could not find connection for android.os.BinderProxy@ed14b26 09-18 23:03:17.530 16017 23175 W GmsClient: unable to connect to service: com.google.android.gms.enterprise.service.START on com.google.android.gms

This neither:

09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: Could not set socket write timeout: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed 09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: at com.google.android.gms.org.conscrypt.Platform.setSocketWriteTimeout:)com.google.android.gms@213313046@21.33.13 (150400-393339024):2) 09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: at com.google.android.gms.org.conscrypt.ConscryptFileDescriptorSocket.setSoWriteTimeout:)com.google.android.gms@213313046@21.33.13 (150400-393339024):0) 09-18 23:03:25.781 16017 16017 E InputTransport: channel '74e4970 com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.accountsettings.mg.ui.main.MainActivity (client)' consumer ~ consume: consumeBatches=true, frameTime=-1 09-18 23:03:25.816 9119 24178 W Checkin : [CheckinRequestProcessor] Default Task : Checkin failed: https://android.googleapis.com/checkin (fragment #0)

Nor this:

09-18 23:03:00.541 14068 14127 W id.gms.unstabl: Couldn't lock the profile file /data/user/0/com.google.android.gms/app_fb/oat/f.apk.cur.prof: Failed to open file '/data/user/0/com.google.android.gms/app_fb/oat/f.apk.cur.prof': No such file or directory 09-18 23:03:00.542 14068 14127 W id.gms.unstabl: Could not forcefully load profile /data/user/0/com.google.android.gms/app_fb/oat/f.apk.cur.prof

You want these Apps:

9907a779453c133942ad97becfac41c0.jpg

5e5238eb3571986ca93c1797358c2a68.jpg

Regards and Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: dastsong
I guess you have changed the Rom already, but from what I see, Google is rejecting your login attempts due to bad request caused by socket error, something seems to be missing (config file).

Furthermore the setup assistant can't be called, so it seems the Google framework wasn't installed properly :(

If you try again please ensure you factory reset the device after Install, also delete all data for all Google related apps.

Maybe a manual update to Google beta gms / gsf could help too.

This should not happen:

Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.enterprise.service.START pkg=com.google.android.gms } U=0: not found 09-18 23:03:17.530 2355 8596 W ActivityManager: Unbind failed: could not find connection for android.os.BinderProxy@ed14b26 09-18 23:03:17.530 16017 23175 W GmsClient: unable to connect to service: com.google.android.gms.enterprise.service.START on com.google.android.gms

This neither:

meline: App_transition_stopped time:910406 09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: Could not set socket write timeout: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed 09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: at com.google.android.gms.org.conscrypt.Platform.setSocketWriteTimeout:)com.google.android.gms@213313046@21.33.13 (150400-393339024):2) 09-18 23:03:25.774 9119 24178 W Conscrypt: at com.google.android.gms.org.conscrypt.ConscryptFileDescriptorSocket.setSoWriteTimeout:)com.google.android.gms@213313046@21.33.13 (150400-393339024):0) 09-18 23:03:25.781 16017 16017 E InputTransport: channel '74e4970 com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.accountsettings.mg.ui.main.MainActivity (client)' consumer ~ consume: consumeBatches=true, frameTime=-1 09-18 23:03:25.816 9119 24178 W Checkin : [CheckinRequestProcessor] Default Task : Checkin failed: https://android.googleapis.com/checkin (fragment #0)

Thank you so much!

This is really weird.
I want to emphasize that, this is a complete wipe of the phone, fresh start. I already fastboot flashed many times. Factory reset is also tried. There is no reason why anything is missing, unless the fastboot flashing part isn't done right.

After skipping the failed initial setup, I go in to erase all cache and data related to google, gms, gsf, play store, Google app, restart and same error.

tried manual install of gsf beta, which made no difference.

Thank you so much!

This is really weird.
I want to emphasize that, this is a complete wipe of the phone, fresh start. I already fastboot flashed many times. Factory reset is also tried. There is no reason why anything is missing, unless the fastboot flashing part isn't done right.

After skipping the failed initial setup, I go in to erase all cache and data related to google, gms, gsf, play store, Google app, restart and same error.

tried manual install of gsf beta, which made no difference.
Oh Boy, then you're really punked..

Did you try different weekly?

The one from last week works for sure here in Germany at least.. Weird

Oh Boy, then you're really punked..

Did you try different weekly?

The one from last week works for sure here in Germany at least.. Weird

yes, tried all 4 versions of weekly. All the same. Please say something nice so I don't cry out loud

Could anyone please take a look if there's anything wrong with my fastboot flash process?
forum does not allow *.rtf format, so I've only got PDF

Attachments

• fastboot_flash_log.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 137
Update:

After a sh*t ton of attempting everything, finally I found the issue:
SIM card inserted in the phone fails to register mobile network (requires manual APN settings), which somehow blocked the google setup.
After removing the SIM card and reboot, I resumed the setup and google login is back to normal.

Looks fine. Yet, calling it "our issue" won't be accurate as no one here can reproduce it.
Thank you for your help looking at the log, really appreciate that.
I'm sorry but I don't agree the point that I can't call it "an issue with xiaomi.eu ROM". A bug that cannot be reproduced by dev/test is still a bug. More over that, this issue does not happen on official ROM.

Reactions: komsa99