Mobile data

Lwrnt

Members
Dec 7, 2018
Can anybody help me? I explain the situation in the text below that I posted in another group for help.

Sorry for my English translated by Google.

Good night.
I have a problem with my device that is leaving me not knowing what to do.

My device today is an Mi 6, with the custom ROM of XiaomiEU. Recently I did a recharge on the chip and got almost 2 GB of mobile internet. After three days of use, even with a very light use of mobile data, almost the entire franchise has already been consumed.

I have tried in many ways to understand which was the great villain in this case and I still have not been able to find out.

Some observations:
Within MIUI, I can restrict apps from using mobile data, restrict access to almost all consumer data applications such as YouTube, Instagram, Chrome, etc. I left WhatsApp that, according to the plan, does not consume my franchise. Even with the restriction on almost all applications, the data, as explained, were sucked.

When checking the use of data provided by the system, it returns me that my "real" consumption was only 15 MB, of which 5 come from WhatsApp where it would not be deducted from the franchise.

Automatic updates have been disabled and / or allowed only via Wi-Fi.

The device was recently formatted, clean and rootless installation. I also did not install any kind of APK. And I did not use suspicious sites, which, I believe, is freeing me from suspected malware.

I called the operator, the attendant informed me that the consumption is registered in the system, but can not tell me the origin of all consumption, which brings me to stake 0 again.

I have a slight suspicion of being some configuration of the ROM of XiaomiEU, I do not remember something like that happening during the use of the Official Global ROM or even the Custom ROM of MIUI Brazil.

Would anyone have a solution to this case?

I can think of syncing of your Gallery to Mi Cloud might be guilty.

Or Google backup of something, like photos.

How did you check the use of data by the system?
Settings/Data usage
or some other way?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lwrnt
I can think of syncing of your Gallery to Mi Cloud might be guilty.

Or Google backup of something, like photos.

How did you check the use of data by the system?
Settings/Data usage
or some other way?

Hello.

I checked this possibility too, but it was only over Wi-Fi

Yes, I checked the use of data on this path you cited. The strange thing is that this screen does not include the exaggerated consumption, only consisted of 15 MB of use.
I realized the extra consumption by the application from my telephone operator.

The biggest problem is this, I can not identify what is anonymously consuming the mobile data.

I recently noticed an app from Google that is supposed to help you track your data usage.

Datally

I have not tried it myself, it sets upp a local VPN service in the phone, which would conflict with Netguard which I use.

You could also try Netguard, a firewall app.
It lets you restrict data access for apps selectively, even for system apps.

I think it is strange that the excess data did not show upp in Settings/Data usage.

There is unfortunately the possibility that your operator has billed you incorrectly.

How to check that is probably difficult.

I recently noticed an app from Google that is supposed to help you track your data usage.

Datally

I have not tried it myself, it sets upp a local VPN service in the phone, which would conflict with Netguard which I use.

You could also try Netguard, a firewall app.
It lets you restrict data access for apps selectively, even for system apps.

Thank you for trying to help me.

I decided to do a test on my own, going back to ROM Global and seeing what will happen with what is left of my franchise.

But I did not want to continue using Global, I much preferred what XiaomiEU offers in its version, but this problem with mobile data is serious. :(

Thank you again.

Reactions: cobben
I think it is strange that the excess data did not show upp in Settings/Data usage.

There is unfortunately the possibility that your operator has billed you incorrectly.

How to check that is probably difficult.

Yes, that's what I do not understand.

I called there, they confirmed me in their system the use, but they had no way to see which application the source of the consumption.

This problem happened last month too, but I only had about 200 MB, but that too were consumed in that inexplicable way, but as it was the end of the month, I left it there. But it happened again.

And it was only in the period that I started using the European version.

I have used the EU roms for över a year now, on 4 different phones in our family, in two different countries with various operators and data plans, and not had any problems like yours.

I have also not noticed any complaints like yours in the forum here before.

I have used the EU roms for över a year now, on 4 different phones in our family, in two different countries with various operators and data plans, and not had any problems like yours.

I have also not noticed any complaints like yours in the forum here before.

Some time ago I used the EU, and I did not have that problem. I then migrated to MIUI Brazil and continued without the problem. When I returned to the EU, I came across this.

I did a lot of research before asking for help on forums, but I did not find anything satisfactory to help me.

But I have faith that this problem will be solved.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

You could turn off the mobile data completely for a period, use only wifi, and then check with your operator how much data they think you have used.

I know that some system apps can access your mobile data even when it is turned off, but the amount they use is quite small.

You could turn off the mobile data completely for a period, use only wifi, and then check with your operator how much data they think you have used.

I know that some system apps can access your mobile data even when it is turned off, but the amount they use is quite small.

I did this test and apparently there was no significant consumption.

During that period, there was some error, where in the application of the operator, I was informed that I had about 130 MB, but the night returned to 27 MB as it was the amount that was actually left. And so far I still have 27 MB.

I'll see how this small remainder behaves with Global.