[MOD][MIUI GB] Skip track via volume press

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me figure out which mod i would need to use on NTDs Miui 2.3.7 rom from langthang for hd2? ive tried a couple of the mods but i keep receiving boot loops. advice or a point in the right direction would really be appreciated ..

Thanks..

I've tried to install it on my SGS2 with MIUI 2.3.30 ICS. It failed, with the following recovery log messages:

-- Installing: /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Could anyone help?

I've tried to install it on my SGS2 with MIUI 2.3.30 ICS. It failed, with the following recovery log messages:

-- Installing: /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /emmc/1/MIUI/Signed_Volume+.v1.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Could anyone help?
This is not for MIUI V4 (ICS)
It's for MIUI 2.3 (GB)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Can any one please help? I've tried flashing all of the given mods and I either get a blue or a grey lockscreen for the ones that work and boot loops for the ones that doesn't? Am I missing something? Any assistance would really be appreciated.

TO the guy above: These MODs are for GB, not the latest MIUI which is based on ICS.

To all else: I'm not dev or programmer. More of a systems admin, just an apt one. I tried taking a look into the zip and the code modifications are just beyond me. Is there anyone willing here to tackle getting this to work? Only thing I'm missing from MIUI is this.

Edit: yeah.. wow. so I took out the android-policy.jar and ran it through apktool. bunch of *.smali files to do w/ lockscreens and generic actions.. I dunno WTF i'm doing.. lol.

Is this MOD completely abandoned? What, people don't use GB MIUI anymore? I have MIUI 2.3.30 with GB 2.3.7 and I would love to be able to control my music with volume keys just like in CyanogenMod.

Edit: Tried the latest 2.3.2 on my ROM. Barely works with great lags and made my whole system unstable. Recovered from backup back to normal. Sooo, anyone who wants to try incompatible versions, don't. No use.

Hi,
No plans to implement this wonderful function in ICS...?
I still have a MotoDefy but with WiUi (ICS based, yes yes and it kicks lama's asses..!)

Thx in advance

Also looking forward for this mod to be ICS compatible. Only thing thats keeping me from updating to MIUI v4..

Guys, the reason why it isn't ported to ICS is because of MIUI4 no longer being based on AOSP - it is based on device-specific sources. As such, there is no "one-jar-fits-all" solution for MIUI4.

With that said, I have ported it to MIUI4 for the Xperia Arc S (MIUI 2.7.20). Check the Mods section for the thread. If you have another device/ROM/port, it will need to be ported - I have included a diff of the smali changes required. Contact your ROM porter with the new info if you can't do it.

Reactions: AdhvanIt and jagzz
Am on the last version of th MIUI, that is , version 2.4.20 of MIUI Gingerbread 2.3.7, after this, miuiandroid.com has stopped
supporting HD2. Could anyone direct me to the rightful mod version for skipping track via volume buttons for above mentioned
MIUI version. Please.

Signed_Volume+.v1.zip works. Thanks Andy. :)

Hi!

I got MiUi V4 (2.9.29) and want to change song with volume-keys on my phone using the Spotify app.
Anyone got a solution?

I'm tryin to get this working on my GB INC. I've tried like 10 different versions to no avail. It always fails with a Status 2 error. I'm using TWRP. I wiped cache/dalvik, mounted the system, even tried on a fresh stock miui rom. I can't quite figure out how to ADB push yet.

Anybody got a hint to help?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.