[MOD][MIUI GB] Skip track via volume press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big update this week... See OP for details. Basically the existing features remain intact, but you can now use the volume buttons to wake the screen. This will only work when the screen is off and NO music is playing... Hope you like the changes...

Big update this week... See OP for details. Basically the existing features remain intact, but you can now use the volume buttons to wake the screen. This will only work when the screen is off and NO music is playing... Hope you like the changes...
I love you for this update. I know you love beer more than me :D but unfortunately atm I can't support you :< Next month I'll try to spare some money.

btw. I think it would be better if long press would change volume while no music and short press would wake phone up. Of course if it's possible, because now short press causes this stupid volume change sound and it's a bit annoying.
edit: strange but volume change with short press just disappeared, personally I am okay with this :p

Unfortunatelly it doesn't work on Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 - MIUI 1.9.16

Can you give more details? Is there one part that doesn't work or are none of the features working? Does it force close on you?

It doesn't work with my huawei ideos x5 too. i cant wake the screen when i press the volume button while it is on lockscreen.

hey bro, how do i solve my problem ? i cant use it on my huawei ideos x5 , MIUI 1.9.16

It's going to be very hard for me to help you. I don't know what the issue is and don't have access to an x5 to test with. If anyone has a solution i'm happy to incorporate it.

Hey , I flashed the latest version (9.23) on my desire. The volume rocker buttons do work with skip etc but the 4way reboot seems to be not integrated aka not showing up. Is it just me or...?

Hey , I flashed the latest version (9.23) on my desire. The volume rocker buttons do work with skip etc but the 4way reboot seems to be not integrated aka not showing up. Is it just me or...?

Ok, so it isn't only me. I found exactly the same, 4-way isn't integrated.

Ok, so it isn't only me. I found exactly the same, 4-way isn't integrated.

Correction - it is integrated, but with the "lockscreen only" version. You need to disable the "disable on/off in lockscreen" in system->buttons to see it.
Having said that, I prefer the full version, so I'll probably flash that for now and will live without volume change for now...

Works gret on DEFY with 1.9.23

Hi,

I would like to say thanks for such a great little mod to MIUI. The main reason I use it is to get the ability to wake with volume keys, which IMO should be a part of AOSP.

I would also like to confirm that the other intended functions work as expected on my DEFY with 1.9.23 and also worked with 1.9.16.

:)

Features I would like to seen incorporated;
When radio is running, volume adjustments work on the radio speaker or headphone volume that is activated.

How many beers do you think this would take?

edit; beer sent to continue work on this great mod :)

I know andy is on vacay n I can do without the ES ( I miss that mod too ) but volume plus is more important to me . I know there was someone that made this mod for Andy once or twice , maybe someone can make this mod plz :)

If not it's all good I'll stick to 9.23

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

See here 1.9.30 thx Ciddy from German.

may be it help you. add to bookmarks )
miui-germany.de/forum2/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=769&pageNo=1

Is there away to merge this mod with the 4 way reboot mod, as they both change the same file. I would like to have both :p

Status
Not open for further replies.