[MOD] MIUI Music Mod

Daehan Kim

Members
Jul 20, 2011
Hello.

I've been annoying because of MIUI Music app's album art quality.

One thing i noticed is: Using manually picked album art won't decrease album art's quality.

But there's another problem. MIUI Music app's album art is stored at MIUI/music/album/[ArtistName]+[AlbumTitle].jpg

Note that filename contains artist name. i have many compilation albums(that includes many artists in same album) so i had to pick album art multiple times.

So i have modded that part, now this music app stores album art file without artist name.

Plus, I've disabled automatic album art downloading. it keeps downloading wrong messy art even i have turned off at settings.

Sorry for long-length engrish sentences, bottomline is:

* This mod removes artist name in album art file so you can pick album art just one time per album art
* This mod also removes automatic downloading album when playback.

How to pick album art manually:

1. Play song of album that you wants change album art.
2. Press menu button and touch Edit song information button.
3. You'll see 'Use saved album art' menu. use that one for pick album art.
4. Also you have to disable 'Use embedded album art' setting from app setting.

How to install:

Flash zip with recovery or replace MiuiMusic.apk yourself.

Download:

MIUI 1.7.29 Based

Great! Always wanted to get rid of that low-res jittery album art. What`s the version of this MOD`s original? I`m using MIUI 1.7.15 now.

Great! Always wanted to get rid of that low-res jittery album art. What`s the version of this MOD`s original? I`m using MIUI 1.7.15 now.

It's based on music app from MIUI 1.7.15.

Edit: Uploaded v2.0, which is based on 1.7.22 music app.

ERROR!!!
The application Music (process com.miui.player) has stopped unexpectedly.

Rom : Cyanogem MOD 7.1.0-RC1
Phone : Nexus One

Can you please fix it?
Thanks!

ERROR!!!
The application Music (process com.miui.player) has stopped unexpectedly.

Rom : Cyanogem MOD 7.1.0-RC1
Phone : Nexus One

Can you please fix it?
Thanks!

This forum is for MIUI, i don't think it will work with Cyanogen. Now, will this file work with the 1.7.29?

Can I know how did you improved the quality and and removed the automatic download? I'm thinking of editing the traslated version of music too.

Thanks!

i am not good at smali, can you post what did you change? i want to disable automatic download of album art, tried setting it off in the settings, but it keeps downloading it.

EDIT: installed the apk and worked great, thanx :)