mount points xiaomi mi2

renv

Members
Jan 23, 2013
Hello,

I was recently interested to start making my own android rom for xiaomi mi2 with the android kitchen. I used the stock rom for this.
Using the android kitchen: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246
I need however the mount points to do this.
As Xiaomi Mi2 is not listed I followed this:
WARNING: If your device is not listed above, and it does NOT use a 'YAFFS'-based filesystem (e.g. usually low-end devices use YAFFS), do not attempt to flash a ROM that you built with this kitchen. Instead, you must do the following if your device is NOT listed:
  1. Create a file under the kitchen's /tools/edify_defs folder, with the name being the same as the value of ro.product.device (found in your device's /system/build.prop file).
  2. If the stock ROM images for your device contain the recovery.img file, extract its files from the kitchen menu: Advanced --> Tools for boot image --> Extract from boot.img/recovery.img in any folder. Then, open up its ramdisk folder, and look for /system/etc/recovery.fstab or /etc/recovery.fstab or similar FSTAB file location. Open this file to find the mount points.
  3. See the template file in the edify_defs folder to see how to set the mount points inside the file you created. Look at the other files in that folder for examples on how to do it. NOTE: This may not work all the time for non-HTC devices

The /system folder is empty so I can't find recovery.fstab
anyone has experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Use a root file explorer, the /system folder is surely not empty. I'm using Astro File Manager and it works fine.

I found this:

/bootemmc/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
#/boot1emmc/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot1
/cacheext4/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache
/dataext4/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
/miscemmc/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
/recoveryemmc/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
/sdcardvfat/dev/fuse
/systemext4/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
/storage_intext4/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/storage
#/system1ext4/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system1

But i found this for the nexus 4

# LG Nexus 4 (GSM/HSPA+)
change_mnt=yes
param1=ext4
param2=EMMC
sys_mnt=\/dev\/block\/mmcblk0p21
cache_mnt=\/dev\/block\/mmcblk0p22
boot_mnt=\/dev\/block\/mmcblk0p6
data_mnt=\/dev\/block\/mmcblk0p23
sdcard_mnt=???
fix_boot=yes

I'm not sure what to change.

Hm.. Why not to open updater-script file from miuiandroid rom?
You will get system and data mount points.

Wysłane z MI 2

Can you post the progress?

It would be sweet :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Can you post the progress?

It would be sweet :)

Ok. SO basically I'm a complete noob in android romming. I have some experience with Java but that's it. I used the kitchen and the info from these threads :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690

Read these first!

The kitchen has normally no support for Xiaomi Mi2 (that's why I needed the mount points). I followed the tutorial for how to setup the kitchen and made the aries file (in the zip)and added it here: C:\cygwin\home\[YOUR_USERNAME]\kitchen\tools\edify_defs
Everything you want to edit has to be done with notepad++!!!
I then used the MIUI rom for Xiaomi Mi2. Unfortunately the android kitchen can't make a descent conversion from updateR-script to update-script. And I don't know how to write it myself. But if you don't do it, you are able to make a working folder of the rom, add and edit the rom and repackage it. I now have a working MIUI rom transformed so it will use android 4.2 launcher,clock,music etc...

Attachments

• aries.zip
    242 bytes · Views: 137
Well sounds good to me. I have no experience in java but send me a pm if you wanna have a tester :)