mounting question and messaging question

wdonovan

Members
Dec 13, 2010
okay so Ive been researching this stuff for the last two hours and have not been able to find quite what I'm looking for. I am not too savvy with all this tech yet either so please try to answer in lehmans terms if possible

Question A: When I connect to my mac the only part of the phone I am able to access is the sd card. When i was running the stock rom I was able to access the 8 gb portion of the phone where i could put music. (I only have a 2 gb SD card and want to use it solely for rom/backup/etc purposes.) Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Question B: Again I dont know how I couldnt find the answer to this but what is the recommended/favorite tabs for in the messaging app?

I am using a droid incredible. Thanks!

from the best that I can tell (I was a little confused by your post) you already answered your question. You can only access the unmounted SD card from your phone. I'm not sure what device you have but your phone isn't going to have 8gigs of internal storage. when you add music to your device you are adding it to the SDcard, because thats where that type of data is typically stored. You should be able to handle everything you need to just by accessing the card when your device is tethered to the computer.

just to clarify: I have an incredible, and before I switched to MIUI I was just using stock HTC Sense. When I connected my incredible to my mac both the sd card and phone would appear on my desktop. This way I could add music to the 8gb hard drive on the phone rather than adding it to the sd card. Now with MIUI when I connect only the SD card is able to be recognized and accessed through my computer. I hope that clarifies. Thanks