Mtk Support

magarto

Members
Jun 9, 2014
Hi,

I've just ordered a Redmi Note 4 which includes a SoC Mediatek Helio X20.
In the past I had problems with another Mediatek (GPS and kernel and modules support for a rom I cooked and shared).

My question is, is there support for Xiaomi Redmi Mediatek devices from these stables and weekly developers europe roms or I will be stuck in chinnese roms (in which case I will of course cancel order)? If so, would I just need to download the rom for Redmi Note 4 each week or there is no official support each week as for Mi3W and Mi4W, just a few releases?

By example, I can see Redmi Note 3 (not Pro) roms in weekly releases but I don't know if they are also compatibles with the MTK version (Helio X10 SoC).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270
I don't mind about Android vanilla or cyanogenmod (it will be great to have support but I'm happy in MIUI eu roms in my Mi3 and Mi4 devices)

Last edited:
Hi,

I've just ordered a Redmi Note 4 which includes a SoC Mediatek Helio X20.
In the past I had problems with another Mediatek (GPS and kernel and modules support for a rom I cooked and shared).

My question is, is there support for Xiaomi Redmi Mediatek devices from these stables and weekly developers europe roms or I will be stuck in chinnese roms (in which case I will of course cancel order)? If so, would I just need to download the rom for Redmi Note 4 each week or there is no official support each week as for Mi3W and Mi4W, just a few releases?

By example, I can see Redmi Note 3 (not Pro) roms in weekly releases but I don't know if they are also compatibles with the MTK version (Helio X10 SoC).

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I hope I got it right.
I have Redmi Note 2 since October last year, every weekly is been released
The development MIUI continues with mtk processors

Reactions: magarto