Mtz

wiineedmore

Members
Nov 7, 2010
Why are themes now mtz and not zip? I downloaded a theme through the manager its a mtz and will not display in preview so I can install it?

For some reason I can't post in the theme section from the miui app

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

thats the new format the the miui team wants the themes to be its the same a a zip just different extension 7zip can make these if you put it in manually

Thanks Matt is there a reason why I can't view the theme I downloaded under preview its not visible to select to load it

they should be showing up unless they do not have the part your trying to load like boot animation and sound the rest of them should be there

I'm also having the same issues, should I leave the .mtz in the zip file or should they be extracted?

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

You just put the .mtz files inside the theme folder. If you can't see them then you just change the extension to .zip by renaming the file.

And you don't need 7zip to make these files. You can do any kind of zip and then just rename it. They're not different type of files, they just have different file extension.

On my MIUI 12.3 the mtz files don't show up but zip files work just fine.

You just put the .mtz files inside the theme folder. If you can't see them then you just change the extension to .zip by renaming the file.

And you don't need 7zip to make these files. You can do any kind of zip and then just rename it. They're not different type of files, they just have different file extension.

On my MIUI 12.3 the mtz files don't show up but zip files work just fine.

I have tried this and I am still not seeing the files as a theme to install.

They changed to the .mtz extension to separate normal .zip files people may have on the filesystem, I think the general consensus was to have theme files easily identifiable over normal zip files and also to ensure only .mtz files will be accepted via the theme manager for security, imagine if someone put a dodgy file up there, phone = brick.

This seems to be why it was done, maybe i am wrong but maybe not :)

Cheers,

Mark

They changed to the .mtz extension to separate normal .zip files people may have on the filesystem, I think the general consensus was to have theme files easily identifiable over normal zip files and also to ensure only .mtz files will be accepted via the theme manager for security, imagine if someone put a dodgy file up there, phone = brick.

This seems to be why it was done, maybe i am wrong but maybe not :)

Cheers,

Mark

I think they did this so that their filesystem manager had control over themes in the categories view. I remember i used to have MIUI 12.11 and they didn't appear when they were .zips.