My Redmi Pro - Lucky Me......

Flash99

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Good day,

When I first got my Redmi Pro in Singapore which was for China, it was installed with MIUI 8.1 by xiaomi.eu 6.9.8 Beta version and Android version 6.

The initial issues I have had, were inconsistency of the GPS - meaning my phone in one location but GPS location was miles away.
Also, mobile data could not be connected when using the phone outside of my home.

I sent it back to the vendor for help and was then reset to factory setting.
Afterwhich, the mobile data worked successfully except for the GPS location pointer, which is still having occasional hiccups. The other functions and features all worked well and fine.

In addition, there are no battery draining issues. One reason could be because I configured my phone to diable mobile data connections on most apps except those necesssary as well as disabled most apps of background activities.
One of the best way I found to determine battery usage is playing Pokemon Go, which I can play for a total of up to 8 hours and the battery still have some juice left to use Whatsapp to send and receive messages.

Having read the threads here and the various issues raise, I considered myself lucky not having to encounter the same issues. So, I am sticking to this existing MIUI version installed on my phone since it serves my phone well.

When there is a stable version of MIUI Global ROM available, I will consider using it.

Meantime, hope the issues you guys raise here can be resolved soon, and taking this opportunity to wish everyone @ xiaomi.eu and fellow visitors, a Merry Xmas & A Happy amd Healthy 2017 !!

I guess I'm luckier. :) I got a Redmi Pro that was installed with unknown unofficial firmware by the importer. I installed MIUI by xiaomi.eu 8.1 Stable 8.1.2.0(MHQCNDI). And so far the GPS seem to work okay (at Jakarta). I also didn't notice any battery draining issues (doesn't mean there is no issue, just I don't notice any with my normal usage).