Poco X5 Pro 5G VoLTE Error

Marios

Members
Aug 19, 2014
Hi everyone, I had a Poco X5 Pro 5G Global with ROM SMPMIXM 13.0.3.0 Global.

The VoLTE option was working perfectly until last week when I updated to the new version of OS, the HyperOS ROM, version 1.0.2.0 UMSMIXM.

Since the update, I can't manage to get VoLTE working on the phone, in my country (Greece - EU).

There's no problem with the SIM card, as VoLTE was working perfectly in the same phone but with the previous ROM, as well it is working perfectly on my other Poco X3 Pro phone, in which I tested it, with EU Global ROM though in that.

I've already done the checks with the codes *#*#86583#*#' etc and nothing changed.

Some people say that it is not working (VoLTE) because the ROM is MIXM and not an EU one, so I have to flash an EU ROM in order to get VoLTE working. I've done that already on my previous Poco X5 5G Global and it wasn't fixed, so I don't want to try it in this phone as well.

Furthermore, I already found a couple of other users of the exact same phone as mine, who updated to HyperOS as well and VoLTE is working perfectly in their phones. The only difference is that both these guys have other carrier services (Vodafone and Cosmote, in Greece), but mine has Nova carrier.

I've already spoken a couple of times with my carrier and they claim to have checked - restart the VoLTE option and it's not an issue by them, but it's an issue of the phone itself!

Any help on this? Any other check on the phone to fix it?

PS : I had the same error on my previous Poco X5 5G (not Pro) and a user claimed that it was fixed with the next update of the ROM.

Reactions: amircs
Hi everyone, I had a Poco X5 Pro 5G Global with ROM SMPMIXM 13.0.3.0 Global.

The VoLTE option was working perfectly until last week when I updated to the new version of OS, the HyperOS ROM, version 1.0.2.0 UMSMIXM.

Since the update, I can't manage to get VoLTE working on the phone, in my country (Greece - EU).

There's no problem with the SIM card, as VoLTE was working perfectly in the same phone but with the previous ROM, as well it is working perfectly on my other Poco X3 Pro phone, in which I tested it, with EU Global ROM though in that.

I've already done the checks with the codes *#*#86583#*#' etc and nothing changed.

Some people say that it is not working (VoLTE) because the ROM is MIXM and not an EU one, so I have to flash an EU ROM in order to get VoLTE working. I've done that already on my previous Poco X5 5G Global and it wasn't fixed, so I don't want to try it in this phone as well.

Furthermore, I already found a couple of other users of the exact same phone as mine, who updated to HyperOS as well and VoLTE is working perfectly in their phones. The only difference is that both these guys have other carrier services (Vodafone and Cosmote, in Greece), but mine has Nova carrier.

I've already spoken a couple of times with my carrier and they claim to have checked - restart the VoLTE option and it's not an issue by them, but it's an issue of the phone itself!

Any help on this? Any other check on the phone to fix it?

PS : I had the same error on my previous Poco X5 5G (not Pro) and a user claimed that it was fixed with the next update of the ROM.
The NOVA GR (formerly WIND GR) Support is....

Here you go : https://nova.gr/eksipiretisi-pelatw...inai-oi-simvates-siskeues-gia-to-wifi-calling (VoLTE)

And: https://nova.gr/eksipiretisi-pelatwn/diktio-kalipsi/pws-energopoiw-to-wifi-calling-sth-syskeuh-mou

Reactions: Marios
Thank you, I've already seen that, my device (Poco X5 Pro) is in this list so normally it should've work, but it doesn't.

Reactions: firemaker911
I've already tried activation via SMS, a reply message returns saying:

"WiFi Calling service is not supported by your device. If you want see which devices are supported, click the following link".

The funny thing is that clicking on the link, you go to the supported devices and voilà, my device is indeed in the list. So why on earth they sent me this "not supported device" SMS reply?

I've also tried the return to the factory settings on the phone, twice, it didn't work. Is this Hard-Reset a different procedure?

Hi, fresh news about the VoLTE issue on my phone, is that as I discovered, it's caused because of the IMS Registration, it shows "Not Registered".

Therefore, this is the key to fix the problem, I have to fix the IMS registration.

I have found this as possible solutions to the IMS Registration issue, tried a couple of them but didn't work.

Next things I am going to try are the Network Settings Reset (by the Carrier Service Company) and the charge of the SIM card as a last resort.

Reactions: Mimos59
For the next time better you change the Region to Indonesia/India/Hong Kong to get the Updates earlier :emoji_wink:
Well, it wasn't sure that the update would have resolved the issue, I already used the "Region Change Method" to get the HyperOS update.

Thank you for the tip though.

Reactions: firemaker911