Need guide for ROM install - Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

sparkkyy

Members
Aug 22, 2022
Hello, I'm new to the community and I'm looking for a few questions to be answered before trying to install the Stable ROM on Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro with Xiaomi Stock Android 12, MIUI 13.

It seems to me that the main guide on the ROM installation is a bit confusing, or probably not enough clear to me, first of all the install is made through Recovery but it seems that TWRP does not support Android 12 so it has to be made through fastboot, even when it is a recovery rom installation? Is that okey to do?

Also, if it must be installed through fastboot, does it need the bootloader to be unlocked or not?

As far as my investigation goes, the general steps to install the ROM using fastboot are the steps provided by the Stable ROM installation guide for Xiaomi Devices with Android 12 via fastboot only, with the exception that I must run the first_install_with_data_format script instead of the update one. Is this the right procedure?

Thanks for your time, and sorry for all this questions, better ask than brick a device :)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to the community and I'm looking for a few questions to be answered before trying to install the Stable ROM on Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro with Xiaomi Stock Android 12, MIUI 13.

It seems to me that the main guide on the ROM installation is a bit confusing, or probably not enough clear to me, first of all the install is made through Recovery but it seems that TWRP does not support Android 12 so it has to be made through fastboot, even when it is a recovery rom installation? Is that okey to do?

Also, if it must be installed through fastboot, does it need the bootloader to be unlocked or not?

As far as my investigation goes, the general steps to install the ROM using fastboot are the steps provided by the Stable ROM installation guide for Xiaomi Devices with Android 12 via fastboot only, with the exception that I must run the first_install_with_data_format script instead of the update one. Is this the right procedure?

Thanks for your time, and sorry for all this questions, better ask than brick a device :)
look here…

fastboot or recovery rom

an example:
- xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.5.10.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11.zip -> no fastboot in filename -> recovery rom / twrp
- xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V13.0.4.0.SJJCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip -> fastboot in filename -> fastboot rom