Need help installing MIUI 11.1 on MI 9 Lite

Posghetti

Members
Jan 25, 2020
So I want to install MIUI 11.1(A10) on my Mi 9 Lite but after install it doesn't want to boot to system. My last MIUI version was on A9 so I am thinking that I need to wipe system maybe. I am confused because I am following the exact instructions of the install procedure on the posts but it doesn't work. Note that my data is encrypted. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance

Upgrading from Android 9 to 10, it is recommended to clean flash. Wipe everything and format data. You will then have a clean slate to work on.

Do you have a nandroid backup of your previous ROM? If you do, your next step is to flash back to A9, restore the nandroid and backup everything. You can use Titanium Backup or Swift Backup, or any backup app that you are comfortable with.

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk

Wipe everything
Please clarify what do you mean by wiping everything. Do you mean like literally formating all data or what? If that's the case I'm pretty sure it automatically wipes everything including /Data Edit: Also I'm pretty sure in TWRP it also formats /system
I have all my ROMS (including A9 and A10 Roms) on external storage and I am not afraid of losing data for the time being.
EDIT: For now I'll just use stable 11.0 ROM but please do let me know how to get this thing working

Last edited:
Format data(were u type yes to confirm) is needed to switch to beta from stable, don't wipe system,it can cause bugs,all you'll ever have to do for clean installing on Xiaomi.eu is format data.Xiaomi cloud backup is good enough and Google backup.for music and Doc's and theme's put them all on sd card

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Okay, thank you. For now I'll stay on 11.0 stable just for the time being. I will update the thread when I decide to switch to 11.1, which I think is gonna happen soon

Also for anyone that has 11.1, Did they add the colored media notification to it or not? I don't understand why it took/takes them so much to add a basic android feature since Oreo

@Alan098765 So I just need to use the "format data" option in TWRP when changing from android 9 to 10?
Yes and make sure your twrp supports android 10,(Google it). android 10 is much better than 9, I switched back and fourth..switch soon and enjoy

I know this thread is kinda old but I don't wanna make a new one just to ask, probably, a very often question, so here it is: How do I switch back from Beta (android 10) back to stable (android 9)
Do you need to flash the fastboot rom and all that kind of stuff I keep hearing. Please tell me the full steps I would need to make to make the change.

I know this thread is kinda old but I don't wanna make a new one just to ask, probably, a very often question, so here it is: How do I switch back from Beta (android 10) back to stable (android 9)
Do you need to flash the fastboot rom and all that kind of stuff I keep hearing. Please tell me the full steps I would need to make to make the change.
All you have to do is format data(type yes to confirm) in twrp,flash new rom,wipe cache and dalvik at the end and reboot,back up all yours stuff first

Reactions: iamme729
Thank you very mcuh mate. But I just want to be sure, are you 100% sure that is how is done? I don't want to sound rude or anything, I just want to be sure that my phone would work. Did you use your steps do roll back?

Thank you very mcuh mate. But I just want to be sure, are you 100% sure that is how is done? I don't want to sound rude or anything, I just want to be sure that my phone would work. Did you use your steps do roll back?
Yes mate I've done it before,your cool,good to go

Can i ask,why are you switching back anyways?

I just think it is generally not ready for day to day use, at least to me. The playback notification is broken (the seekbar in the notification in particular) with a lot of media players, except Poweramp for some uknown reason. Also there are some finicky things still there that rub me the wrong way, though tbh they are more of MIUI descent rathen than Android being Android. I am still thinking whether to roll back or not but those tiny little annoyances really make me want to go back to Pie.

I just think it is generally not ready for day to day use, at least to me. The playback notification is broken (the seekbar in the notification in particular) with a lot of media players, except Poweramp for some uknown reason. Also there are some finicky things still there that rub me the wrong way, though tbh they are more of MIUI descent rathen than Android being Android. I am still thinking whether to roll back or not but those tiny little annoyances really make me want to go back to Pie.
I know what you mean but i went back to pie and its not as nice or fluid/smooth,I soon went back to Q...BUT......There's a stable android 10 out now for cc9/mi 9 lite,

Reactions: iamme729