Need help: Redmi 9 Pro (Joyeuse) is stuck in Bootloop until it starts TWRP (solved)

BodoT

Members
Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I installed the new TWRP: LR.TWRP 3.4.1B 0530 by russian 4PDA forum pages

Then used the normal updated in MIUI. It downloaded a ROM, rebootet and installed and now the phone does enter a boot loop and after some starts it opens in the TWRP screen saying Redmi 9S. But at the top is still says: 3.4.1B-yoyeuse.

When trying to restore there are only scrambled names listed.

How can I rescue the phone?

Thanks in advance
Bodo

Last edited:
Hi,

Then used the normal updated in MIUI. It downloaded a ROM, rebootet and installed and now the phone does enter a boot loop and after some starts it opens in the TWRP screen saying Redmi 9S. But at the top is still says: 3.4.1B-yoyeuse.

Thanks in advance
Bodo
Format data in twrp first.
if boot OK. just change TWRP for Curtana model.
In my view you have a REDMI NOTE 9 S (48 Mpx camera/ curtuna name) and you installed REDMI NOTE 9 Pro TWRP (64 Mpx camera/ joyeuse name)
This doesn't fit and you have hard brick risk.
Find the correct TWRP for curtuna here in its topic. search
And reinstall the rom after format data in twrp .

thanks for your quick answer. I bought this device in Germany (from a big German retailer) and the invoice says: Redmi Note 9 Pro Glacier White. The body of the device says 64 mp camera. So it is rather safe to assume it is a Note 9 Pro.

I suspect that the automatic Xiaomi updater believed that this is a 9s because the TWRP was derived from 9S. But this is only a guess of course and might not help in any way now.

When booting TWRP it's logfile says:
TWRP Version: 3.41b-0530
... some lines omitted ...
Build Device: Redmi Note 9S
... more lines omitted ...

Last edited:
Then used the normal updated in MIUI. It downloaded a ROM, rebootet and installed and now the phone does enter a boot loop

Hallo Bodo.

When I understand you right, you updated from the official ROM with the official updater.

This forum is about custom xiaomi.eu ROM which also includes a modified updater.

thanks for your quick answer. I bought this device in Germany (from a big German retailer) and the invoice says: Redmi Note 9 Pro Glacier White. The body of the device says 64 mp camera. So it is rather safe to assume it is a Note 9 Pro.

I suspect that the automatic Xiaomi updater believed that this is a 9s because the TWRP was derived from 9S. But this is only a guess of course and might not help in any way now.

When booting TWRP it's logfile says:
TWRP Version: 3.41b-0530
... some lines omitted ...
Build Device: Redmi Note 9S
... more lines omitted ...
You are absolutely right and me the same..
They installed the 9 Pro rom with tripped TWRP from Curtana.
You can install the rom with it but you HAVE TO modify the digest and tell it is a 9S.
But much better:
You MUST change your TWRP for a Joyeuse one. look at the relevant topic.

I was able to revive the phone by flashing a stock fastboot room with the tool "Mi Flash" with the option "Clean All". Thanks to *spam*paid*service* for helping.

The big questions are now:
1. replace the TWRP (in case it survived the flash)?
2. go back to EU ROM now or wait for the process being streamlined with a final TWRP?

I was able to revive the phone by flashing a stock fastboot room with the tool "Mi Flash" with the option "Clean All". Thanks to *spam*paid*service* for helping.

The big questions are now:
1. replace the TWRP (in case it survived the flash)?
2. go back to EU ROM now or wait for the process being streamlined with a final TWRP?
You are stock now?
flash twrp, the good one this time. and format data in twrp.
reboot twrp and load EU rom into the phone memory and install it.

Reactions: Andee mcQueen
You are stock now?
flash twrp, the good one this time. and format data in twrp.
reboot twrp and load EU rom into the phone memory and install it.

Yes, I am on stock now. I think I used one of the three correct TWRPs from the appropriate thread. But it somehow failed. Still not sure what went wrong.

Are there regular updates for the Redmi Note 9 Pro EU (Joyeuse)? I assume that we get stables as soon as there are stables for the stock ROM?

Any idea why there is no MIUI 12 and no weekly ROMs?

Thanks,
Bodo

Yes, I am on stock now. I think I used one of the three correct TWRPs from the appropriate thread. But it somehow failed. Still not sure what went wrong.

Are there regular updates for the Redmi Note 9 Pro EU (Joyeuse)? I assume that we get stables as soon as there are stables for the stock ROM?

Any idea why there is no MIUI 12 and no weekly ROMs?

Thanks,
Bodo
I answer your question only because you are a top boy.
-No problem you always get OTA advise on EU rom.
No MIUI 12 available yet, because Xiaomi is late. patience!
NO EU WEEKLY because this phone family is Global. so no Chinese weekly dev to built EU weekly.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Bodo
This site is mainly about local MIUI.EU ROM. Therefore, when you are here, it is assumed that you want to use a local ROM, not the original Xiaomi global ROM.

So...
You have to install TWRP and then Recovery version of local MIUI.EU ROM, latest is 11.0.7.0
All instructions are in first post here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-note-9-pro-joyeuse-2-versions-already.56896/

Install TWRP -> ROM -> Magisk (optional)

Last edited:
thanks for the answers. Of course I am interested in going "back" to xiaomi.EU ROM especially as I am helping out as translator. But bricking the device demotivated me to try it before there is a fail proof way to do it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.