need help with screen replacement for Mi2s

ToMo73

Members
Jan 18, 2014
Hello to all,

my friend has managed to break screen on Mi2s. Now he is searching for spare screen and has found some on ebay. But the question is some sellers are selling touch+LCD+frame, and others without frame.

I would love to hear from people that have been through screen replacement. Is this frame (these are more expensive) needed? Or can the screen be replaced with and without this frame? Is it maybe easier to change screen with this frame, then he might consider higher price...

Thanks to all with constructive reply! Hope to hear from people that actually have done that...

Edit: if someone has info on where is best to buy (price, original part,...) would be very helpful

Last edited:
Thanks Fortinho,

I was trying to search the Mi2 forum, but search wasnt working. Thank you for helpful info. Will read these posts...

I change my lcd+screen+frame but before i chose this option i open my mi2 and i realise that the lcd+touch it's a bad option if you don't have a heat pistol. Lcd+touch+frame is the best choice just two cables to disconect/conect.
Sorry about my english, almost forgot i bought it in ebay for uss79.

Reactions: ToMo73
Thanks gabrielo,

your reply was very helpful. If I understand it correctly you also wanted to buy digitizer+screen without frame, but decided it is easier to change it with frame and did so later. That was my assumption but I wanted to confirm it by someone that has gone through this process. Again, thank you very much!

Hello, just had the same happening to me, dropped my Mi2s and cracked the glass + bended a bit of the frame
(Dropped on the lower left corner)
Unresponsive, but the LCD seems to be working fine.
Where would you order the digitizer + screen + frame?
I'm from Belgium if that matters...

Hello ToMo73 and others,

I recentely ordered:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/111401479489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
which was only US $45,00

They shipped pretty fast, i only had to wait 14 days and in the netherlands shipping sometimes takes up to 4 weeks.
Screen works great and replacing was very ease, just watch out for the camera as it is mentioned in other posts aswell.

I will post some pictures of the screen after my screen protector arrived. It is not that clear right now because of the original protector that comes with the screen.

Good luck

package.JPG

broken.JPG

new1.JPG

new2.JPG

Last edited:
Great, will also order from that seller and report back here...
Any additional cost (duty, tax, handling cost) next to the $45?

Sonido, thank you for your input. But my friend already ordered lcd+touch+frame based on gabrielo's answer from ebay for $80. Shame that he had not waited few more days since I see where you bought it is much cheaper. But we all must understand, if your phone is damaged then you want to fix it asap... And I'm happy for you that your Mi2s is again working!

Thank you all for help!

Bye!

lock please

Hello ToMo73 and others,

I recentely ordered:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/111401479489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
which was only US $45,00

They shipped pretty fast, i only had to wait 14 days and in the netherlands shipping sometimes takes up to 4 weeks.
Screen works great and replacing was very ease, just watch out for the camera as it is mentioned in other posts aswell.

I will post some pictures of the screen after my screen protector arrived. It is not that clear right now because of the original protector that comes with the screen.

Good luck

package.JPG

broken.JPG

new1.JPG

new2.JPG
Hey, I ordered the same replacement screen. The screen itsself is great, and it works fine. However you can clearly see that this is not original. You see some things behind the glass you're not supposed to see. Also the notification LED doesn't display colors well for me. Are you having the same problem or did I just have bad luck?

Hey, I ordered the same replacement screen. The screen itsself is great, and it works fine. However you can clearly see that this is not original. You see some things behind the glass you're not supposed to see. Also the notification LED doesn't display colors well for me. Are you having the same problem or did I just have bad luck?

Cannot comment on the screen as it is still in shipping, will give you some feedback when I receive / install...

Notification LED is part of your mainboard, so this should have nothing to do with this replacement part.
Perhaps a slight misalignment when you reinstalled?
Or perhaps the light guide plastic used for the notification led is less transparent?
You can always compare to the original part you replaced...

I guess I damaged the mainboard while replacing the screen. It was my second replacement though.. so I doubt it. I think the new screen is more transparent, because the LED seems to be too strong, and the colors of the LED just aren't right.

Reactions: discom