New Need Your Help To Confirm If These Are Bugs Or Hardware Issues....

Flash99

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Greetings to all at xiaomi.eu.

Vendor insisted that the following issues are the result of not having the global MIUI ROM from Xiaomi :

1. GPS - varied widely and inconsistently with Google Maps For example, when at location A, the GPS pointed to somewhere at location B over 2 km away.
2. GPS sensor - when playing Pokemon GO, sometime in correct location while randomly and frequently, it went out of location some miles away. I have had to use google maps to pinpoint my location and on/off the GPS to get the location back in place. My first generation Xiaomi Note2 have no such issues.
3. WiFi - no issue when using it at home with my home wifi. However, using outside of the home with my mobile data turned on, Wifi failed to work with Free Wifi in the city, inside Malls, along the road, in a bus, taxi and in subway. Should not be the case as my old first generation Xiaomi Note2 have no such issues.
4. It may sound logical to me that I am using the phone in Singapore without a global MIUI ROM from Xiaomi for the Redmi Pro. By the way, my Redmi Pro came pre-installed with "MIUI8.1 by Xiaomi.eu 6.9.8 Beta" which please confirm if this is from xiaomi.eu
If not, what's the best cause of action to take up with the vendor if it's hardware issues.?

Thanks in advance and your kind assistance and advice, would be much appreciated.

Xiaomi is losing loads of support from its customer base for various reasons. One of which is its slow MIUI developments,

Xiaomi only sells the Redmi Pro in China but failed to curb selling to third party vendors knowing well that vendors will definitely be selling or exporting to overseas hot markets like India, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Perhaps, from my observation, Xiaomi seem to be indirectly pushing out the Redmi Pro via China distribution channels and care less about the users' outcome without the proper support of a global MIUI ROM for Redmi Pro.

By not having a global MIUI ROM for Redmi Pro/Android 6 Marshmellow, the situation has prompted third party developers hasty development of Unofficial MIUI ROM such as the one mentioned above, which I believe it's not from Xiaomi.eu.

Again, please advise for the sake of those in the same situation like mine, the answers/suggestions to these two messages that can help me and others to follow up with the vendor and/or Xiaomi directly since it's a Xiaomi phone.

Thanks

Last edited: