New app (in Chinese) in 4.22

fashigidig

Members
Nov 20, 2010
Anyone know what this new app does? Its completely in chinese and its icon is four colored tiles slightly overlapping. Just appeared after flashing new release.

Also, I realize it will probably be removed after flashing an updated language pack, but I am just curious as to what it does. Thanks in advance!

Love MIUI!

63ce41ab-abfb-e197.jpg
Take a screenshot

Senseless makes sense. MIUI.

Really weird .. I got a notification from that app and I tapp on it and it download like an update for the camera

Looks like some sort of market type app. I'm sure it will get translated rather than deleted.

Is the miui market with updates and pirated apps but everything in Chinese... each time we install a language pack, usually it deletes this package and miui updater too.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

There are some bugs in the text, I'm working on that now, I just needed to see how everything looked as a whole. Here ya go.

uploadfromtaptalk1303593427231.jpguploadfromtaptalk1303593415185.jpguploadfromtaptalk1303593402400.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Edit: Switched the 'paragraph software' text to 'applications' at the top. If I made this completely english, would you want it?

Well it should not have been in the original download.

Well then maybe you guys can tell stiff he can sleep-in rather than getting up at 4am and busting his ass to get a ROM out for the hordes. Then maybe he will have time to go through and check every last detail so that no one is offended by seeing apps that are unintentionally left in, yet dont work for us.

There are plenty more non working apps he could leave in to clutter the ROM. Remember, this ROM isn't made for our rig or our countries.

Its a bit of a moot point really. Even if fusing translates the app and the apps in the app, 6 out of 10 of those apps are cholk full of Chinese and/or don't work for us any way. I found the actual market that accompanies this update app a few months ago and spent three days playing with it, downloading apps, etc. and most were unusable. Also full of pirated warez so not a good idea for MIUI-devs to be associated anyway.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Has nothing to do with Stiff. I'm very grateful for what he does. I'm speaking more of the person telling fusing what he CAN'T do. Seams like some folks try to carry more power around here. Its more the principle here than anything. The guy was wanting to do something creative in its own right. Someone comes along and says, nope you better not.

Has nothing to do with Stiff. I'm very grateful for what he does. I'm speaking more of the person telling fusing what he CAN'T do. Seams like some folks try to carry more power around here. Its more the principle here than anything. The guy was wanting to do something creative in its own right. Someone comes along and says, nope you better not.

For the record, the guy who told fusingblackrose not to translate it was MarkHUK, not just some random douchebag. Mark has been leaving it out for good reaaons. It's useless for us. Why would you want access to apps that are completely in Chinese?

I know it was mark. I have no feelings about the topic. My feelings aren't hurt. I'm not crying or complaining. I even realize I have no use for the app. I'm talking about the principle. The guy wanted to do something and someone jumps to tell him no! You never know what slightest interest will spark the future great Dev.

Bleh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to get out of control. Anyways, my bad. Id't be nice to have a MIUI market though, but strictly for MIUI created apps/toggles/stuff that removes any case of warez.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk