New gallery sux!!

karstensson

Members
Jan 28, 2011
Hi, i hate the new gallery in the latest miui, is it possible to get back the original gallery that google released?

Agreed. I prefer Google gallery to miui. As to the the miui camera version in 1.4.8 it was superior to the android camera, but the camera version15 is effectively a downgrade. camera15 doesn't allow me to set white balance. The rest of the release is all win though. I'm running the official MIUIDEV version with miuiandroid English update.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Please expand on why you think the new gallery sucks? I'm pretty dumbfounded as I usually enjoy my photos loading up super fast and being able to swap through them with relative ease.

Why is it that people are never happy ? Never!
People just complain about everything , just go back to sense

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Why is it that people are never happy ? Never!
People just complain about everything , just go back to sense

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I think it's because they still can't comprehend that MIUI ROM/Apps are a constantly evolving/changing aspect. It's only natural that the first release of any new ROM/App will have it's issues; people just need to deal with it or stop flashing MIUI every single week.

deal with it.. its bareable, and VERY usable... just wait till each app gets expanded upon.. BTW I am a little upset aboud the Camera app not having 720p recording on my Nexus S, so i might just go get CM7 Camera to test out...

Please expand on why you think the new gallery sucks? I'm pretty dumbfounded as I usually enjoy my photos loading up super fast and being able to swap through them with relative ease.

Completely agreed. It looks better than the old one and way, way better than the AOSP gallery, for starters. Then, the fact that there are now 3 options for how to view pictures, and especially that it opens to the favorites tab, is a huge bonus. In my opinion, the new gallery blows the AOSP gallery away. I couldn't be happier with this week's update (well, except for the large amounts of orange and the fact that the sync toggle is still gone, but I'll compromise).

It's too bright. I much preferred the blue. Plus, none of my favorite wallpapers look good with all the orange, so it's hard to find a setup I like. Otherwise, I like the new icons and most of the other UI changes. I'm just not a fan of orange.

I was a big fan of the animation when the gallery first loaded. Neat touch. I guess that's gone the way of the dodo..

Overall love the rom.