New Mi5 With Miui 7.8.11.0

mihaiteo88

Members
Jul 29, 2016
Hello everyone

I just bought 2 xiaomi MI5 phones, one for me and one for my girl. Both are the 32GB versions with 3 gb ram, one gold one normal. I bought them from 2 different vendors in bucharest (because of the color, of course).

Now, the issue is this:
- gold phone has MIUI global 7.3.4.0.0 (MAACNDD) stable
- black phone has MIUI by xiaomi.eu version 7.8.11.0 (MAACNDB) stable

I looked out this 2 versions and i found out that they are not official and i ended up here

Now i tried to update the gold versions to the latest version and says no update available via the update manager from settings. Same to the black one.

The gold one has an signal issue with Telekom Romania

The black one has a masive WLAN battery drain (43% ?!). I google the WLAN battery drain and found a related post from Redmi note 3 that said it's some kind of ROM issue that masks another app that is usign the phone like hell.

I applied for the unlock from Xioami, now my question is:

What stable rom version do you recomment and do i need to wait for the unlock from xiaomi for me to able to put it up?

Look forward for some help, i really love this phone, is perfect for me and my needs.

Best regards
Mihai

Normally you have to wait until your BL is unlocked but I heard that you can flash roms over the Qualcomm 9008 Mode but a modded USB cable is required for this.

Look at en. Miui. Com, there is a way to flash the global rom with a Chinese version of MI pc suite, you ll need unlock anyway to flash xiaomi.eu ... But unlock requires official China rom...

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thx guys for the info, so the version that i have, MIUI by xiaomi.eu version 7.8.11.0 (MAACNDB) stable, can't be unlocked? I really want to switch to miui 8. thx, M

@jc rey i tried to find the chinese version of MI pc suite, but no luck.

Also the phone in not recognized in the MI pc suite (english version).

Any advices?

Any advices?
The MI5 isnt supported yet so thats normall
Als far als I know iT is possible to flash en.miui.com versions using fastboot with locked BT. If I Am wrong I hope someone will correct me

The MI5 isnt supported yet so thats normall
Als far als I know iT is possible to flash en.miui.com versions using fastboot with locked BT. If I Am wrong I hope someone will correct me

Sincer i've got the phone (2 days) i just stayed and read read read, so the best way is to wait for the unlock and after that flush the official latest stable build usign fastboot.

Golden rule: When a buid number has more then 3 , then its not official.
You have 7.8.11.0 so not official, then it would-be. 7.8.11.
Hope thuis helps

Hey guys, thx for the info, after about 10 hours of reading yesterday i managed to upgrade to the latest chinese version of MIUI (oficial) without unlock :D

The ads from the gold p[hone disappeared and no more battery drain from the wlan on the one :D.

The for all the info, especially @jc rey

Hey guys, thx for the info, after about 10 hours of reading yesterday i managed to upgrade to the latest chinese version of MIUI (oficial) without unlock :D

The ads from the gold p[hone disappeared and no more battery drain from the wlan on the one :D.

You are welcome

Hi,

Can you explain how you got to update the rom? I had the same problem of yours.

Thanks!

To get the official version is put your phone in to recovery and connect it to the MIUI PC suit and it will say do you want to restore or factory restore or something along them lines and it will flash it with an official version.

Ive done this on mine which did not come with an official firmware and it was locked mi5.

You can not flash .Eu firmware anymore with a locked mi5. Only official Chinese version.

Last edited:

Any advices?
Mine is also not recognised on pc suite but it is recognised on miflash.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Did the Chinese pc suit work for flash, yes or no?

I would like to know your experiences

Last edited:
I have to Chinese version of PC suite but would like to know when in recovery mode on the Suite what the 3 buttons mean as they are in Chinese.

The install file I founds for suite was Milnst.exe and connects to phone fine but wants to (and has) install Chinese ROM V7.5.6.0.MAACNDE

I would like to install latest Global ROM if possible