New To Xiaomi - Little Advice

please tell me how it all goes... i haven't applied yet and i want to know if it's worth it

It's not going very well!! I have my unlock SMS but it keeps failing at 50%. Pretty sure it's because i dont have china developer rom. I cant get that ROM installed though!!

If anyone does read this and wants to help please let me know!!

So I have a Redmi Pro 3 - pretty much all guides i can find are for the Note Pro 3!

• I am running MIUI Global | Stable 7.3.5.0 (LHPCDB)
  • I have applied for official bootloader unlock and have had the text saying that it has been done
  • I have put Chinese Developer Rom (miui_HM3_6.7.14_d684f5a8a4_5.1) onto the root off the device and tried to run the updater but it says "Cannot verify file"
  • I thought that i would try the SP Flash method but i cannot find a scatter file anywhere!
I just want to either flash stable EU ROM or try cyanogenmod but im stuck on step one!
Any help would be grateful!

If anyone does read this and wants to help please let me know!!

So I have a Redmi Pro 3 - pretty much all guides i can find are for the Note Pro 3!

• I am running MIUI Global | Stable 7.3.5.0 (LHPCDB)
  • I have applied for official bootloader unlock and have had the text saying that it has been done
  • I have put Chinese Developer Rom (miui_HM3_6.7.14_d684f5a8a4_5.1) onto the root off the device and tried to run the updater but it says "Cannot verify file"
  • I thought that i would try the SP Flash method but i cannot find a scatter file anywhere!
I just want to either flash stable EU ROM or try cyanogenmod but im stuck on step one!
Any help would be grateful!
just follow this steps...it might help you. i can't post links so just google "
Redmi 3 Pro - How To Get The Official China Stable Running"

Hello, i had same problem, with my redmi 3 pro. The solution for me: download the fastboot version of a China dev from xiaomi.com, flash your phone ( option flash all ), then login into xiaomi account, run unlock program, it's work fine and then follow the steps to flash the rom you want. Hope work for you

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

Hello, i had same problem, with my redmi 3 pro. The solution for me: download the fastboot version of a China dev from xiaomi.com, flash your phone ( option flash all ), then login into xiaomi account, run unlock program, it's work fine and then follow the steps to flash the rom you want. Hope work for you

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

What did you use to flash the rom (updater or Mi PC Suite?)
Could you link me to the ROM you used please?

Hi, if you open cmd line you can check the phone connection i think is fastboot devices or something like that, good luck

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 pro mediante Tapatalk

ok, I installed oficial china developer rom and succesfully unlocked my redmi 3 pro.. now what? how do i install/flash TWRP? i need ido twrp?

Thanks guys for all your help and tips. I have finally managed to unlock the bootloader, install twrp recovery and get cyanogenmod installed.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your help and tips. I have finally managed to unlock the bootloader, install twrp recovery and get cyanogenmod installed.

Many thanks!
can you give me a link for cyanogen mod? it has any bugs? the fingerprint sensor works?

ok, I installed oficial china developer rom and succesfully unlocked my redmi 3 pro.. now what? how do i install/flash TWRP? i need ido twrp?
Hi, how did you install the dev rom. I have a Redmi 3 and cannot get any rom to flash, it starts flashing and then it just stops and hangs. Nothing is flashed as I can then reboot and nothing has chanhed

Hi, how did you install the dev rom. I have a Redmi 3 and cannot get any rom to flash, it starts flashing and then it just stops and hangs. Nothing is flashed as I can then reboot and nothing has chanhed
you need to download this rom to your pc "ido_xhdpi_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_5.1_cn_63a40409c6.tgz" from this link http://en.miui.com/a-234.html (for redmi 3 )
after that you download miflash tool from that link also
and then you follow this instructions from the videos
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
after you done flashing wait up to 10 minutes for the phone to boot..

I disabled driver signing, used a new usb cable, restarted PC after installing drivers and used a different USB port and it worked. I flashed latest China Dev Rom and unlocked the boot loader.
After that I installed the latest EU weekly rom and everything is working 100% now.
Thanks

I disabled driver signing, used a new usb cable, restarted PC after installing drivers and used a different USB port and it worked. I flashed latest China Dev Rom and unlocked the boot loader.
After that I installed the latest EU weekly rom and everything is working 100% now.
Thanks
i'm glad it all worked out... i have the redmi 3 pro and i flahed stable 7.3.1.1. what version of miui is weekly stable?