Newbie Update Help

Peder

Members
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, my brother gave me his Xiaomi mi2, which has not been used or updated in a while. It is running MIUI android 3.2.8 (android 4.1.1) and I'd like to update it, but I am not at all familiar with MIUI system, and from what I gather on this site there are several different methods to updating, so I am wondering what are the appropriate steps to update to the latest version from the version that I am on? Do I need to update to some intermediate version, or can I update straight to the latest rom?
Using English ROM (in Norway fwiw).

thanks

okay, so I'm having no luck with this.
- mi pc suite says I need to update my phone to use the suite, so that isn't working.
- i tried updating via recovery (mi-recovery 2.0.0) which claimed to be successful, but every time I try booting partition 1 now, it just boots straight to recovery. Turns out that wasn't the latest version, but don't think that's relevant.
- if I try updating latest rom now I just get error.
- if I try using the update.zip in the Updater app in Miui, it just gets stuck at 25%.
- booting to partition 2 works, but is stock miui which hasn't been used in years, we're talking JLB7.0

Someone please share some knowledge

Got it!
Had to update the old stock MIUI from JLB7 to 54 via OTA first, then the updater app would finally let me install the miuiandroid ROM. One happy camper. Thanks guys