Newbie With A Redmi Note 3 Pro

Jan Eversby

Members
Apr 20, 2016
Hello.

First of all sorry for asking a question that for sure have been asked before.
I am curious by nature and wanted to test one of theese Xiaomi devices. The Redmi note 3 seemed like a nice and cheap starting point, so I ordered a Pro version from Gearbest.
I do NOT really trust the version of MIUI that came with the phone and wanted either a global ROM or better yet a European version.

Then I ran into problems. The phone seems impossible to update. I have tried global ROM, several Roms from This site (Kenzo) using both the build in installer and MI pc suite. I have tried to install twrp via fastboot and still nothing.

The massage I get is that the version is NOT validated.

Can someone point me in the direction of a guide?

Another question: I would really like a Danish version of MIUI. As I Read it there has been a Danish version, bur it seems to have gone in the latest version. Can I somehow port the old version to a new or in anyway be helpfull with a new translation?

Excuse my ignorance, budt I am new to all this, and I am coming from a phone from, you know, that company in Cupertino ;-)

I had the same problem with RN3pro taken from the same store. Without unlocking the phone you can install an official version, otherwise you have to unlock the phone.

Reactions: Stefano131270
No actually I can't do anything. Tried to update from the built in updater, flashing with fastboot and all I get is can't coonnect to wlan, can't download Update or an app close Down Wien trying to manually update the latest official ROM. Stuck with sellers crappy ROM - scary!

Actually I did a lot of searching and reading before coming here.
Problem solved with the help of some nice People at xiaomi.com forums.
Now I am ready to do some EU flashing :)
Hvor fandt du det europæiske image og er der en guide til at flash den?

You must perform the bootloader unlocking procedure https://unlock.update.miui.com or use the USB cable with ADB commands.
If the phone is locked, you can only install the ROM Official china or global version.
You can download it http://en.miui.com/download-301.html. If you can not install the ROM with the zip file you have to use MiFlash for flashing in fastboot mode the official image.
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Send with Redmi Note 3 pro

How can we do it with USB and ADB Commands ? Any tutorial?

I just upgraded from a Redmi Note 2 to a Redmi Note 3 PRO (KENZO) and I can't even update the phone, not even with original software from MIUI.COM... :(

How can we do it with USB and ADB Commands ? Any tutorial?

I just upgraded from a Redmi Note 2 to a Redmi Note 3 PRO (KENZO) and I can't even update the phone, not even with original software from MIUI.COM... :(
Hi
If the store that you bought the phone sold it to you with multilanguage rom you cant update.
You have to flash the official Chineese-English rom first.
Then you can flash (after the bootloader unlock) any rom you like.
You can also stay with global.

Reactions: Goncalo Simoes
I bought from GearB... The phone came with MIUI V7.1 Stable v. 7.17.9.0 (LHOCNCL) - I think it has multilanguage yes.

How can I flash the official Chinese-English rom first?

Before, with the Redmi Note 2, I only needed to download the ROM, place in the Downloaded_rom folder or rename the file to update.zip and place in the root of the phone and enter recovery...

With this Redmi Note 3 PRO, how can it be done? I've tried downloading the global stable multilanguage, last version and it didn't work with this method... can't enter recovery and the updater app can't find any new rom and doesn't recognise the one I downloaded... :(

"You have to flash the official Chineese-English rom first." -> Also, another question: Stable or Developer?

Thanks for the help!

You have to flash either stable or dev rom but before that you have to use the miflash tool to force your device to flash one of theese roms.
This is quite tricky and you have to read the instractions VERY WELL and proceed step by step.
The things yhat I remember is that you have to install Mipcsuite first and install with the program all the nessesery drivers
The MiPcsuite will di it for you.
The idea of unlocing your bootloader in order to install your home language is here.
The tutorial of force install you have to search a little bit because I dont remember where I found them...

Reactions: Goncalo Simoes