NFC Cards emulation

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello,

I have a question, Since I had my MI6 and Mi MIX 2, I used an apk called NFC CARD EMULATOR (root nedded to write in the NFC config file). As name says, is emulates cards with the NFC like Hotel Cards, university cards etc.
This apk helps me alot in my work since I work for SIEMENS and one of my job is access control system.
In the mi6 and Mi Mix 2 I had no problem but in the Mi Mix 2S I can read the card and when I try to emulate it, nothing happens.
At the beggining I thought the NFC was broken but it works fine.

Is the NFC technology in the MI MIX 2S different from the other devices or maybe the NFC Config File is block to write like in some samsungs?

I just tested it and if I press on "emulate" it says it was successful and it turns from red or green(not sure which one it is, cant see these 2 colors :D) to blue again. Tomorrow I can check if it's working in university

Got it work now. Had to change the security element from SIM to HCE.
I believe you wrote a similar post on XDA. :)
Can you confirm that running xiaomi.eu rom you can rw the vendor partition and modify NFC config file?

I am still on global stable (root, magisk) and the card emulation does not work, since I cannot write on vendor or system partition (despite being root).
I am thinking of moving to xiaomi.eu rom in order to have also AdAware working...

I believe you wrote a similar post on XDA. :)
Can you confirm that running xiaomi.eu rom you can rw the vendor partition and modify NFC config file?

I am still on global stable (root, magisk) and the card emulation does not work, since I cannot write on vendor or system partition (despite being root).
I am thinking of moving to xiaomi.eu rom in order to have also AdAware working...
I wrote another post in en.miui.com.
Never tested this app with my mix 2s in global or china rom. In case xiaomi.eu Rom it works fine like it did in my MI6 and mi mix 2.
When you copy a card, do you get any error?

Already checked, thank you. But in global rom the app does not work as I cannot write on vendor partition.
Are you using xiaomi.eu rom? If so, which vension? Can you confrm that you can write on system and vendor?

Sorry to bother you... But it seems a very few people seem to care of the matter.

Thank you in advance.

I'm running 8.6.21 xiaomi.eu Rom. The app work great so it can write in the vendor and system.
In my opinion, xiaomi.eu Rom runs better than china or global version

Reactions: Guildamx
I am sure it is not a matter of permissions, since I have an identical issue with other apps (for esample, AdAware does not work, as it cannot write in /system/etc and update the hosts).
Anyway, I am using the latest version from Play Store.

Stock global (MIUI 9.5) updated and rooted with Magisk 16.4.
I will give a try to xiaomi.eu.
Thank you for your appreciated advice.

I am sure it is not a matter of permissions, since I have an identical issue with other apps (for esample, AdAware does not work, as it cannot write in /system/etc and update the hosts).
Anyway, I am using the latest version from Play Store.
No problem :) anything I can help, just ask

Hi it has been long since last message but i'd like to ask about nfc card emulator. I was using nfc card emulator pro app with my last phone without issues ( huawei mate 10 rooted with magisk) But i am using Xiaomi note 8 pro now; indonesian stock rom , rooted with magisk. So i tried to use same app but no succes. I am adding my nfc card to app and there is no error but reader not getting card info. I installed same app to another phone, emulated card with my phone and other phone recognised my nfc card. I tried HCE, SIM and secure zone even magisk module way but nothing. Any suggestions?