No Connections In Standby/sleep - Mode

walhalla

Members
Oct 26, 2016
Hi,
if my device is in sleep-mode/standby I am missing notifications from it (i.e. whatsapp, email, ...). Even apps running as services (Cerberus App) I cant connect remotely.

Does anyone have a complete list of all the places where to edit this widely shared / hidden options of "cleaning" ... switching offline ... background connects?

It's horrible to add such problems to have a working device everytime only for saving some mA of energy and/or some minutes of runtime. If I wouldnt want to use my phone, I could switch off and never have to recharge my battery ;) But I want to use 24 hours per day / 7 days a week the functions of my device and I would like to be the one to decide what will be deactivated (or not).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Walhalla

P.S.: I am using the latest ROM 6.10.20)

Go the the Permissions app, grant apps like Whatsapp auto startup, and check the other permissions too. All your issues come from not giving the right permissions or battery optimization is running for certain apps. You can find the battery optimization under the battery settings

Hi, I already knew this points you wrote and switched on/off the neccessary things. Only permissions I dont give most apps is "location". Switched off all those "automatic" cleanings, savings, ... . It is not my first, nor my only Android device and I use MIUI for a long time. Still have a REDMI 3 PRO, REDMI 2, PAD, ... with MIUI and dont have any problems with them. Working perfect and I have done the same settings like on the other devices (same ROM -> 6.10.20). But this MI5 drives me crazy - the only difference so far: its Marshmallow and the other devices are running with Lollipop. Therefor I asked if there are some new "hidden" settings that prevent my MI5 from staying online.

By the way, I think its such a stupid decision from Xiaomi/MIUI to set messaging apps to be "cleaned / suspended" by default! I think, that everybody who installs an app that only makes sense if it is online (i.e. messengers, email, ...) wants it running everytime. If one doesnt want to receive notifications depending of online-services, he should be able to deactivate. If he cant do/find ... less damage ... less trouble (IMHO).