No Miui V5 for Mi1 and M1s?

Sörnäinen

Members
Feb 18, 2012
Hello altogether,

I would have expected this topic to be widely discussed in the forum, but didn't find anything using the search function.

On Xda someone pointed me to this article:
www.gsminsider.com/2012/12/miui-v5-that-based-on-android-41-might.html?m=1

The Chinese message quoted indeed says that there won't be Miui v5 for the Mi1. I have no idea if this is a legit posting, the article in gsminsider is probably not that trustworthy.

Would be a bummer.

Sent from my Xiaomi using Tapatalk

Hello altogether,

I would have expected this topic to be widely discussed in the forum, but didn't find anything using the search function.

On Xda someone pointed me to this article:
www.gsminsider.com/2012/12/miui-v5-that-based-on-android-41-might.html?m=1

The Chinese message quoted indeed says that there won't be Miui v5 for the Mi1. I have no idea if this is a legit posting, the article in gsminsider is probably not that trustworthy.

Would be a bummer.

I saw statement in chinese forum that mi one will get 4.1 at the end of this month.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

I saw statement in chinese forum that mi one will get 4.1 at the end of this month.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

I love to hear that. The Xiaomi shop in Guangzhou apparently said the same. Any Chance you could peovide me with a link? My Mandarin is lousy, but my wife can help me out. :)

it probably and hopefully will arrive when Miui V5 comes out since it runs on jelly bean :)
they slowed down with the work of miui v4 and instead work harder on miui v5 so maybe they just dont care to spend a lot of work on miui v4 for m1 when they can spend it on miui v5 instead :)

it probably and hopefully will arrive when Miui V5 comes out since it runs on jelly bean :)
they slowed down with the work of miui v4 and instead work harder on miui v5 so maybe they just dont care to spend a lot of work on miui v4 for m1 when they can spend it on miui v5 instead :)

Sounds good, but I would love know what the official people say about it.
I just reckon in the emerging market in China you can't play your customers that badly by not delivering updates that early in the product cycle. But that's just an assumption and maybe wishful thinking.

If they don't come out with JB and the fact is that they only have 2 phones. That should mean they get full support regarding updates fast and not doing that would be a very bad move becuase that could cause people to think that buying phones from Xiaomi is not safe regarding updates.

If they stop giving the m1 updates to newer versions i will stop recommending my friends and others to buy this phone since that is one of the things i tell them that it gets updates that gives you fixes and new stuff every week so you always have the latest stuff.

as yet said the weekly updates of the miui rom is one of the biggest pros of xiaomi phones, which makes the difference from other chinese smartphones

yeah most phones gets rarely any updates at all and if they do get its so late or after the update comes out from google.
The only phone that works if you want fast updates is the google nexus phones since they normally get the updates fastest.
Then you have Xiaomi phones that gets weekly updates and thats really nice :)

yeah most phones gets rarely any updates at all and if they do get its so late or after the update comes out from google.
The only phone that works if you want fast updates is the google nexus phones since they normally get the updates fastest.
Then you have Xiaomi phones that gets weekly updates and thats really nice :)

One of the things I liked best about it. I hope there won't be problems with it.

Mi-One Series will get MIUI V5, i got this from miui official forum.
Check this out!!!

135856b19t977oxobb77d2.jpg

Reactions: Ezra
It would have been really stupid is the 'early adapters' of the xiaomi fanbase would have missed out...
Besides ; we have been told last year that it all depended on qualcomm building 4.1 drivers so it could be done..
They had at least 3 months to come up with that imho...

I'm very curious what v5 will bring !

Not bad for less than 24 hours! :) glad to see you here cyberspaced! welcome aboard.

LG, Motorola and other big corporations ARE that stupid and additionally lock their bootloaders.

So good to know we are in a better place with Xiaomi.