No notifications for Xiaomi Smart Doorbell 3S on Home app

arraclan

Members
Aug 22, 2024
I recently bought a Xiaomi Smart Doorbell 3S and connected it to the Mi Home app. It works fine, I can see the video and speak to the caller. Yet when someone rings, it doesn't sound. I receive an Android notification, and If I have the doorbell open in the Home app in that moment it will tell me someone is calling, but that's all. There is no sound nor vibration, although in settings I selected the tone 1.

My phone is an Oppo A94 5G with ColorOS 13, Android 13. But my wife has a Huawei and it does exactly the same.

I spoke to the Xiaomi support yesterday but they were of no use. I've had two other doorbells previously, each one with a different app, and they all played the tone several times and vibrated when someone called.

I appreciate any suggestion.

Last edited:
I have a same issue. No sound notification when someone rings. Is there any solution how to sort it out?

Finally I have sorted it out. Go to Settings - Apps - find Xaiomi Home app - than click Notification - Allow playing sound and than at the bottom click - Mi push - there you can choose sound type. Hope you will sort it out. Let me know.

Thank you for mentioning what worked for you. I tried contacting Xiaomi support several times and they ignored me, so I returned the doorbell. I will buy one from another brand. I hope it keeps working for you, since video and sound quality are quite good.