New No real root access (Samsung i9505 on 3.11.29)

blackuscatus

Members
Sep 22, 2012
Just noticed that root doesn't really work on i9505 in MIUI 3.11.29: the ROOT permission monitor is activated, the apps are requesting root access and are granted it, in monitor's logs I can also see that the requests have been granted, the apps show up in the monitored apps list, but in fact the apps are not given root access (i.e. AdBlocker can't update the hosts file, AdAway fails to start stating the SU binary is missing/incompatible, ES File Explorer can't enable the Root Explorer feature, etc.)

I've tried other rooting methods and they work fine, e.g. Chainfire's SuperSU 1.80

Just noticed that root doesn't really work on i9505 in MIUI 3.11.29: the ROOT permission monitor is activated, the apps are requesting root access and are granted it, in monitor's logs I can also see that the requests have been granted, the apps show up in the monitored apps list, but in fact the apps are not given root access (i.e. AdBlocker can't update the hosts file, AdAway fails to start stating the SU binary is missing/incompatible, ES File Explorer can't enable the Root Explorer feature, etc.)

I've tried other rooting methods and they work fine, e.g. Chainfire's SuperSU 1.80

I had the same problem with this version so it must be a bug and not just you. Also, if music is playing from the lockscreen and I try to adjust volume while screen is off, the phone warmboots. It sometimes warmboots randomly, I haven't found a pattern.
Wifi would not switch on with the kernel that came in the rom so I had to flash another from this thread:
http://en.miui.com/thread-11175-1-1.html

I put my faith in the next version! :)