No Warranty, why?

Mariosgr

Members
Jul 10, 2020
Hi from Greece,
I recently bought the redmi 9 from a local store and called Info Quest (the local Xiaomi distributor) for support because I can't send SMS and i get error 28.
The answer was that because the local store had imported from France, the phone, they can not help me.
So if I want to buy a smartphone in Greece i have to ask each shop wherefrom the phone was imported and i have to trust them ?

And another question, device purchased within the EU does not have a European warranty;
Thank you

This has nothing to do with the ROM.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I find it weird not being able to send sms because the phone was imported from France.

Last edited:
I didnt mean that is the reason, i found out that is trying to send the SMS from the SIM1 and not from SIM2 .
In the settings is set to SIM2

Why not go to the local store where you bought it and claim warranty there?
The distributer is not responsible for warranty but the store where you bought the phone.

Why not go to the local store where you bought it and claim warranty there?
The distributer is not responsible for warranty but the store where you bought the phone.
Because i don't remember where i bought it from, i bought 3 phones the last 2 months and i remember only the one because i went there, the other 2 were from online stores and now is hard to remember.

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
You don't remember??
I think then it is one this 3 reasons .
1. You have way too much money ...
2. You smoke way too much weed ...
3. Unfortunately the first signs of Alzheimer's are confirmed, please consult your doctor ...
Sorry but there is not much more useful that I can share about this.

Reactions: theadventurer2003
Hi from Greece,
I recently bought the redmi 9 from a local store and called Info Quest (the local Xiaomi distributor) for support because I can't send SMS and i get error 28.
The answer was that because the local store had imported from France, the phone, they can not help me.
So if I want to buy a smartphone in Greece i have to ask each shop wherefrom the phone was imported and i have to trust them ?

And another question, device purchased within the EU does not have a European warranty;
Thank you

Γειά σου Μάριο,
Whatever your problem is (hard to say from a distance), it can be excluded that the error comes from having the phone imported from France. If you can use the phone for making calls (can you?), it will also work for sending SMS. I never had any problem with sending SMS from Xiaomi phones (or other brands), irrespective of where I bought them (usually imported from China, but also one from locoss.com). Also I never had problems with Greek telecom companies when it comes to "accepting" imported phones. My regular phone, a "Raphael" works perfectly with a SIM card from Cosmote/WhatsUp (even including VoLTE), my secondary, a "Jason" with a SIM card from Vodafone Greece. Also sending from foreign SIM cards, roaming in Greece, is no problem.

I don't think a warranty would help, because it sounds like a software problem. Did you install something "extraordinary" or tinker with the phone?
That having said, of course you do have a warranty from your seller. When they sell you the phone, they are responsible, irrespective of where they imported the phone from! The distributor has nothing to do with this, only the (local) seller. If you don't remember where you bought the phone from, check your credit card details or bank account, or the απόδειξη (αν έχεις;).)

Hi,

It should be related info in your eMail and / or Credit card.

If not from a Shop or ReSeller, look on your browser's History.

For some manufacturers, IMEI gives info related to the phone's state on its website.
You would check on sites specific to lost phones if manufacturer's site doesn't has the website service.

Redmi Note 7 Pro | Tapatalk