Note 8 bootloop

Mr. Slenderman

Members
Jan 18, 2020
I'm in a very serious issue, really needing some help here, please :(

So I unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp, and flashed stable ROM, immediately flashed the Magisk zip that was linked in the stable roms thread and rebooted.

now, my phone won't boot, the screen will turn on for a sec and then reboot, I can't boot into system, fastboot nor recovery. as it only stays turned on for one sec. even when charging it happens the same.

Tried to use fastboot commands for the 1 sec it stays on but won't work.

am I pretty ****ed up? no way to sideload something from PC? what can I do? I'm a little desperate here.

Thanks, guys

Try this.
Connect your phone to a wall charger and let It charge a few minutes.
It Will revive.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8T mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Slenderman
I'm in a very serious issue, really needing some help here, please :(

So I unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp, and flashed stable ROM, immediately flashed the Magisk zip that was linked in the stable roms thread and rebooted.

now, my phone won't boot, the screen will turn on for a sec and then reboot, I can't boot into system, fastboot nor recovery. as it only stays turned on for one sec. even when charging it happens the same.

Tried to use fastboot commands for the 1 sec it stays on but won't work.

am I pretty ****ed up? no way to sideload something from PC? what can I do? I'm a little desperate here.

Thanks, guys
Any luck? I have the same problem...

Hi guys..

Hate to say it but the only fix for all you with this "no boot after the flashing" issue is to reflash the original MIUI ROM with MiFlash Tool and redo all the custom flashing all over again, this time paying close attention to the flashing instructions in order to avoid the no-boot situation again...

Anyway, visit this page and go from there.

And final piece of advice - if not positive in the outcome, ask the questions here before u do anything..
Good luck and have fun flashing.

Hi guys..

Hate to say it but the only fix for all you with this "no boot after the flashing" issue is to reflash the original MIUI ROM with MiFlash Tool and redo all the custom flashing all over again, this time paying close attention to the flashing instructions in order to avoid the no-boot situation again...

Anyway, visit this page and go from there.

And final piece of advice - if not positive in the outcome, ask the questions here before u do anything..
Good luck and have fun flashing.
Well i hate to say this, but your advice is useless. How can someone reflash with anything, i mean anything if the bootloop is within 1 second. The pc can't even detect it. Fastboot logo appears and disappear instantly. Can't access the recovery either since the phone reboot. Now the only solution i found that i need to test is to open the back cover, and use tweezers to connect both pins and do an EDL, emergency download. From there the pc should be able to install the driver and we should be able to reflash it.

So, every try to do a regular boot ends up in the loop you've described, at least that's how I've got what you're saying.

Even though I'm risking more uncalled rudeness here, I have to ask - have you tried to to start up your phone directly into the fastboot (Power + Vol-)?

So, every try to do a regular boot ends up in the loop you've described, at least that's how I've got what you're saying.

Even though I'm risking more uncalled rudeness here, I have to ask - have you tried to to start up your phone directly into the fastboot (Power + Vol-)?
Well, the problem was described as this: no recovery access = Vol+ and power, no fastboot access = Vol- and power. You press both buttons, the phone boots up, vibrate and restart. All the within 1-2 seconds. That's why we call it a bootloop. Now, the only way to fix that seems to be with the EDL. So this mean that we can't use miflash, adb, fastboot, twrp, orangefox, etc..

Well, the problem was described as this: no recovery access = Vol+ and power, no fastboot access = Vol- and power. You press both buttons, the phone boots up, vibrate and restart. All the within 1-2 seconds. That's why we call it a bootloop. Now, the only way to fix that seems to be with the EDL. So this mean that we can't use miflash, adb, fastboot, twrp, orangefox, etc..

Sorry, I had to try my luck and return the phone for warranty, luckily enough, they made the change and I haven't tried to flash Xiaomi.eu again

Sorry, I had to try my luck and return the phone for warranty, luckily enough, they made the change and I haven't tried to flash Xiaomi.eu again

It's good to hear you've got your device back.

Don't let this set back deter you from going after better software for your device. The trial and error is how most of us (especially myself) learn, so try again... Pay attention to instructions in the tutorial, ask what you think isn't clear enough for you to understand and good luck... ;)

Reactions: Mr. Slenderman
It's good to hear you've got your device back.

Don't let this set back deter you from going after better software for your device. The trial and error is how most of us (especially myself) learn, so try again... Pay attention to instructions in the tutorial, ask what you think isn't clear enough for you to understand and good luck... ;)

I'm a somewhat experienced flasher and had my drawbacks before but nothing as serious as this case, I really followed all the steps correctly and don't have any clue what was the cause

That really made me feel really anxious.. but again, my curiosity does get the best of me most of the time so I guess I'll try again sometime in the future, maybe after I get a good taste of the MiUI 12 update.

Do not put Eu on your redmi note 8t it fuks it up and the only was to save it is edl mode I have a useless note 8 put down cuz of this same problem as there is no service center in my country

Do not put Eu on your redmi note 8t it fuks it up and the only was to save it is edl mode I have a useless note 8 put down cuz of this same problem as there is no service center in my country

R u talking about MIUI 11 or...?

yes Miui11 stable from Xiaomi eu
It is a specific problem with this device it tells you install the gingko version on the willow them boom you are in irreversible hot mess after the gingko eu zip is flashed

yes Miui11 stable from Xiaomi eu
It is a specific problem with this device it tells you install the gingko version on the willow them boom you are in irreversible hot mess after the gingko eu zip is flashed

That's interesting 'cause my Note 8T runs on xiaomi.eu's MIUI 11 ROM (11.0.5.0 PCXMIXM, updated from 11.0.4.0 recently) without any problems whatsoever.

Just like Mr. Slenderman said few posts above, my curiosity tends to get the best of me and since I've flashed almost every single device I've owned over the years I just had to try the same with my Note 8T as well.

So, the poor thing got flashed about a dozen times. I've tried a couple of AOSP ROM's available out there for willow (crDroid, Evolution, Lineage, Resurrection Remix) even tried slightly tweaked MIUI 12 beta rom (Allurba, member of xiaomi.eu community tweaked MIUI 12 weekly for ginkgo just enough so it'll flash onto willow).. well, you get the point here, I hope - I do have some experience with flashing and all...

So, in my humble experience, xiaomi.eu ROM for willow is the most optimized software available for this device to date. Runs the smoothest, has the best battery life, mostly free of these useless apps.. ..so, that's why I've said your comment was interesting.