In Progress Notification Bar + others

starrhammer

Members
Apr 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon
MIUI 2.9.7

Decided to try MIUI again today... so I put 2.9.7 on my Nexus. It seemed pretty okay except that I wasn't prompted to log into my Google account when booting (yes I cleared cache, data, formated, and wiped dalvik cache). But I didn't worry since the GAPPS was preinstalled with the ROM's .zip (thanks, devs!!) and just added my google account in the settings.

When I got home I decided to format my SD card (so much junk....) and re-wiped all applicable items, reflashed, and booted. Again I wasn't asked for a google account, but again no big deal. however, now when I pull down my notification bar to clear several notifications or when I try to go to the toggles, the clear all or settings button only fits halfway on the screen.
Screenshot_2012-09-10-22-50-43.png
I know there were bugs with the notification bar, but I haven't seen this particular one (maybe I missed it?)

I also can't figure out how to get the accursed "Verizon Wireless" tag/notification off the notification bar. I *hate* how it takes up room. I've been using SQL lite editor to try and find the lines to tweak but have been unsuccessful as of yet.

TL;DR so, basically-- cut off clear all/settings button on pull-down notification + persistent VZW tag in notification bar + not asking for google account on boot after initial flash

Cheers!
-Sarah

There is no setup wizard, so Google would never prompt. It would however though, the instant you opened a Gapp. Which we include, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the notification settings gear. I believe Xiaomi didn't think of converting Months to American. As the chinese months are literally a few characters, so it has no space problem at all.

Ah, that makes sense (about the set up wizard). I thought I needed to stand to the east or some crazyness.

The notification thing is weird, though, b/c it looked perfect when I first flashed today. Then after my second time it looked off. It's functional... i just have to use my pinky. is there a way to have it NOT show the date when you pull down the notification bar? I know it's kind of default, but it never threw the alignment off kilter before. I'm used to a little more customization in my ROMs. Or perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spots?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Create this file how ever you like, and edit it to show what you want.
/system/etc/spn-conf.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<spnOverrides>
    <spnOverride numeric="310004" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="310005" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="310012" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="311480" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
</spnOverrides>

not ideal, but a workaround for removing provider name is WeatherBug, in settings it can display temp at left side of notification bar. thus magically prevents provider name displaying. still shows in lockscreen tho.

Create this file how ever you like, and edit it to show what you want.
/system/etc/spn-conf.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<spnOverrides>
    <spnOverride numeric="310004" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="310005" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="310012" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
    <spnOverride numeric="311480" spn="Verizon Wireless" />
</spnOverrides>

Sexy. If we move all our record (2,568 carriers) from framework-miui-res.apk to this, will that work? I'm tired of inserting 5,000 lines into framework-miui-res.

Assuming MIUI has not disabled or overridden the code paths (like they did with pulling carrier from the SIM) I don't see why not.