Notification/ringtone sounds changed

Predator

Members
Aug 27, 2011
Hi all,

With the latest version (1.8.26) I noticed that the notification and ringtone sound I used, are gone. It has now been replaced by "birdwhisper" to "Yawningcat" and "blowbubble" to "spring"

I really prefer the old ones, is there a way to get the actual sound files, so that in the future I can keep assigning them?

Hi all,

With the latest version (1.8.26) I noticed that the notification and ringtone sound I used, are gone. It has now been replaced by "birdwhisper" to "Yawningcat" and "blowbubble" to "spring"

I really prefer the old ones, is there a way to get the actual sound files, so that in the future I can keep assigning them?

Sure! Open a previous build that had the sounds. The files will be in the deodex, not the language pack. The are .ogg sound files so that is the file type you are looking for.

If the old version of the rom is on the phone's sd card use a file manager (linda file manager or root explorer) . The sound files will be in the /system/media/audio/ringtones and /system/media/audio/notifications folders. File the one you want and copy it. You need to place it in the /MIUI/ringtone/ folder on the sd card. (you can push it into the current rom, but you will have to do this every upgrade. if you put it in miui's ringtone folder on the sd card, it will be there when you upgrade).

If the rom is on your computer, just double click it, navigate to the /system/media/audio and find what you want. Same deal, copy it to the MIUI/ringtones folder on your phones sd card.

Have fun!