Notifications disappear after unlock.

eskender

Members
Jan 13, 2019
Why still the notifications disappear from the lock screen once you unlock. Is it convenient? Why it cannot be like on the stock Android where the notifications stay on the lock screen untill you read it or dismiss from the notification shade. Had such a huge hope they will fix it in the 11th, alas but no. Probably that's how MIUi creators see the convenience to unlock the phone and open the notification shade every time you want to check the notifications not yet read.

Why still the notifications disappear from the lock screen once you unlock. Is it convenient? Why it cannot be like on the stock Android where the notifications stay on the lock screen untill you read it or dismiss from the notification shade. Had such a huge hope they will fix it in the 11th, alas but no. Probably that's how MIUi creators see the convenience to unlock the phone and open the notification shade every time you want to check the notifications not yet read.

From my personal point of view, this is EXACTLY the way notifications on the lockscreen should be handled. They are on the lockscreen (if you allow them there) until you unlock. Why should they be preserved? They are there to notify you, and not to permanently be displayed. If they stayed after unlocking, I would consider this a bug (or at least a sign that the developers don't give enough thought into the notification system - like in stock Android).

The notifications on the lock screen are to notify only. Then the same logic applies to notification shade. Once you glanced at it they (notifications) have to disappear cause you are notified. :))

Well that's how MIUI notifications work. But there were worse times (few months ago): no expendable notifications on lockscreen, there were no permanent notifications and you couldn't set notifications settings per app but per categories which were all disabled by default! It was terrible, I don't know what kind of engineering 1d10t invented it - notifications were unusable back then. If you'd really like to keep notifications on lockscreen after unlock - install magisk, xposed and customiuizer, there's settings for that.