Notifications Problem

I registered here to just to confirm that I also have notifications problem. My friend who also owns Redmi 2 today also confirmed this problem.

I have problems with Gmail and this is very serious problem for me. Viber also has this problem, but this is not as important to me as Gmail problem is. Sometimes notifications works fine, but this is not reliable and not usable.

First time when I noticed this problem I was using official global stable MIUI. This is basically the only version I would even consider using, simply because I have grown over flashing and continuous testing phase. Only thing I want from my phone is stable function. I'm not 100% sure on which version problem started, but it was v7.x.x. Then I decided to wait for next update as I concluded it was some bug that will be fixed in next update. However, even after update problem persisted.

Then I thought it might be something that I have messed up and decided to factory reset my phone and set everything from scratch. Problem was still there.

Tried to reflash latest stable global version (as usual clear everything in recovery, flash...), set up everything again... Same thing.

So, as it seemed to me that stable version is not working, I tried official weekly. Still no luck.

I'm currently using xiaomi.eu latest weekly ROM (6.1.28). All the same problems.

All the settings suggested in this thread are already set on my phone. Reading this I have checked again and I'm sure I have tried everything.

Only thing that worked for me is non-MIUI ROM. Tried "ResurrectionRemix" and "Nexus Experience". Since I liked "Nexus Experience" more, I tried to use it for nearly one week. ROM had some minor glitches, but it was totaly usable and most important thing - notifications worked flawlessly! It was version 10.1, based on Android 6.0.1! Sad to see that some unofficial ROM developed by maybe few people (in their free time, free of charge) works way better than official ""stable" ROM developed by device manufacturer's team (paid for their work, plus they have access to all the resources that are not available to custom ROM developers). And even more sad is that official ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 from few years ago, while custom ROM is based on brand new 6.0.1.

Unfortunately, Redmi 2 is not the only Xioami product I bought. I also bought MiBand 1S. I had some trouble syncing band to custom ROM, but managed to sync it finally. However, band misses some functions in non-MIUI ROMs. Most important function to me was phone unlock feature. This feature works on MIUI if band is near phone (few inches away), but on non-MIUI it unlocks the phone whenever it is connected to bluetooth. This is not acceptable to me, so I had to switch back to MIUI in the end.

Xiaomi products looked nice to me, so I decided to try them. I was using MIUI back in the days when HTC Desire was relevant phone and I liked it. However, after this experience I'm sure my next phone will not be Xiaomi. I'm also sure I won't be buying other products from them. MiBand's functions are also nowhere near what it could/should be. MiBand can be made partly functional using MiBandTools which is third party software that you need to pay. So, another example of some independent developer doing way better job then official team. Really sad to see such basically nice hardware being so poorly supported by software. Not to mention Xiaomi support which is basically non existent for non-chinese users. Their forum, I think it can safely be used as example of how forum should not look like. Totaly unusable mess of threads with hundreds pages of unusable mumbling... You get the idea.

Sorry for the long post. And good luck with crappy chinese sofware!

I registered here to just to confirm that I also have notifications problem. My friend who also owns Redmi 2 today also confirmed this problem.

I have problems with Gmail and this is very serious problem for me. Viber also has this problem, but this is not as important to me as Gmail problem is. Sometimes notifications works fine, but this is not reliable and not usable.

First time when I noticed this problem I was using official global stable MIUI. This is basically the only version I would even consider using, simply because I have grown over flashing and continuous testing phase. Only thing I want from my phone is stable function. I'm not 100% sure on which version problem started, but it was v7.x.x. Then I decided to wait for next update as I concluded it was some bug that will be fixed in next update. However, even after update problem persisted.

Then I thought it might be something that I have messed up and decided to factory reset my phone and set everything from scratch. Problem was still there.

Tried to reflash latest stable global version (as usual clear everything in recovery, flash...), set up everything again... Same thing.

So, as it seemed to me that stable version is not working, I tried official weekly. Still no luck.

I'm currently using xiaomi.eu latest weekly ROM (6.1.28). All the same problems.

All the settings suggested in this thread are already set on my phone. Reading this I have checked again and I'm sure I have tried everything.

Only thing that worked for me is non-MIUI ROM. Tried "ResurrectionRemix" and "Nexus Experience". Since I liked "Nexus Experience" more, I tried to use it for nearly one week. ROM had some minor glitches, but it was totaly usable and most important thing - notifications worked flawlessly! It was version 10.1, based on Android 6.0.1! Sad to see that some unofficial ROM developed by maybe few people (in their free time, free of charge) works way better than official ""stable" ROM developed by device manufacturer's team (paid for their work, plus they have access to all the resources that are not available to custom ROM developers). And even more sad is that official ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 from few years ago, while custom ROM is based on brand new 6.0.1.

Unfortunately, Redmi 2 is not the only Xioami product I bought. I also bought MiBand 1S. I had some trouble syncing band to custom ROM, but managed to sync it finally. However, band misses some functions in non-MIUI ROMs. Most important function to me was phone unlock feature. This feature works on MIUI if band is near phone (few inches away), but on non-MIUI it unlocks the phone whenever it is connected to bluetooth. This is not acceptable to me, so I had to switch back to MIUI in the end.

Xiaomi products looked nice to me, so I decided to try them. I was using MIUI back in the days when HTC Desire was relevant phone and I liked it. However, after this experience I'm sure my next phone will not be Xiaomi. I'm also sure I won't be buying other products from them. MiBand's functions are also nowhere near what it could/should be. MiBand can be made partly functional using MiBandTools which is third party software that you need to pay. So, another example of some independent developer doing way better job then official team. Really sad to see such basically nice hardware being so poorly supported by software. Not to mention Xiaomi support which is basically non existent for non-chinese users. Their forum, I think it can safely be used as example of how forum should not look like. Totaly unusable mess of threads with hundreds pages of unusable mumbling... You get the idea.

Sorry for the long post. And good luck with crappy chinese sofware!
Hello, I understand your outburst. Unfortunately I can not agree with you. I bought 3 Xiaomi redmi Note 2 Prime, all I installed TWRP, all phone work perfectly and cost about 180 Dollars! I bought for myself and friends 9 Mi Band and Mi Band 1s, Xiaomi Mi scale, and many other products that I am not to list. My experience with Xiaomi is excellent

Finally I have refund the Redmi 2 and I am goint to buy another one different...Cause It was my second Redmi 2 and both of them had the same problem with notifications...
So...I am sorry cause I really like MIUI and Xiaomi

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
@sergio279 do you have this settings on the redmi 2, like on this photos?
a097bb4d1d05ca5778c7fc347e641757.jpg

1b65260ce6373ea4efc6091c7aeb8b36.jpg

efaa3d9f8fe24a3102358d2a2215c6f8.jpg

If you have, you must set whatsapp, viber...on custom list, and stay connected on network.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Finally I have refund the Redmi 2 and I am goint to buy another one different...Cause It was my second Redmi 2 and both of them had the same problem with notifications...
So...I am sorry cause I really like MIUI and Xiaomi

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk
You can always buy xiaomi not change brands

Hello, I understand your outburst. Unfortunately I can not agree with you. I bought 3 Xiaomi redmi Note 2 Prime, all I installed TWRP, all phone work perfectly and cost about 180 Dollars! I bought for myself and friends 9 Mi Band and Mi Band 1s, Xiaomi Mi scale, and many other products that I am not to list. My experience with Xiaomi is excellent

Well, I can't argue with You. It is obvious that people like Xiaomi products, just looking at their sales numbers. So I guess not everyone has same expectations or standards... For me it is unacceptable for stable version of official software to have this kinds of problems. It would be fine if it just happened and was fixed within few days, but unfortunately this is not the case. As I said, I have used MIUI as my daily ROM in HTC Desire days, when Xiaomi was not even a phone manufacturer but just community of developers. Back in those days I could easily tolerate any of this things because I never expect stability from some unofficial ROM. However, I do expect this when I use official stable version. And I believe it is a very reasonable thing to expect.

Once again, I do not need any special features. All I need is basic functionality. Like this notifications (or should I say sync because in reality sync is having problems). Also, it is unreal to expect from non-advanced user to go through a bunch of different settings just to enable basic functions. Another thing I don't like is new "features", which are added and enabled by default, so I after every update I need to dig through settings just to disable them. For example, in new versions there is "daily lockscreen" which enables wallpaper change even when phone is locked. I don't understand why would most people need this, but that is my problem, I might be extremely different from most people and I'm OK with this. But why I have no option to disable this? This is something I just don't understand... Also, when I lock my phone, I don't want it to display some sensitive information. So, I set it this way. But, some new update decides it would be cool to display it anyway. So I need to dig through settings again... Neverending loop of unnecessary time loss.

When I decided to buy new phone I was considering Moto G or Xiaomi Redmi 2. Since I had some great memories of MIUI from HTC Desire, I decided it will be Xiaomi. At the same time my brother and two of my friends asked for recommendation, so I said go for Xiaomi. We all bought Redmi 2, all from different shops from three different countries. An we all have some problems. I got myself MiBand 1S just for fun. Yes, it is cheap, but I'm not sure if it's real world usability justifies even its low price. To me it is no longer cheap smart-something, but expensive rubber band.

To conclude. I will never recommend any of their products to anyone. I just don't want people to think there is something wrong with me. MiBand is nice and a lot of people asks me what it is. I do explain to them, and they are interested. But after I explain all the limitations, they somehow loose that interest...

I apologize for this OT rant to everyone. And I suggest that we go back to original topic and original problem. If we need to discuss this more, we can start a new thread or mods could merge this with some relevant thread.

Well, I can't argue with You. It is obvious that people like Xiaomi products, just looking at their sales numbers. So I guess not everyone has same expectations or standards... For me it is unacceptable for stable version of official software to have this kinds of problems. It would be fine if it just happened and was fixed within few days, but unfortunately this is not the case. As I said, I have used MIUI as my daily ROM in HTC Desire days, when Xiaomi was not even a phone manufacturer but just community of developers. Back in those days I could easily tolerate any of this things because I never expect stability from some unofficial ROM. However, I do expect this when I use official stable version. And I believe it is a very reasonable thing to expect.

Once again, I do not need any special features. All I need is basic functionality. Like this notifications (or should I say sync because in reality sync is having problems). Also, it is unreal to expect from non-advanced user to go through a bunch of different settings just to enable basic functions. Another thing I don't like is new "features", which are added and enabled by default, so I after every update I need to dig through settings just to disable them. For example, in new versions there is "daily lockscreen" which enables wallpaper change even when phone is locked. I don't understand why would most people need this, but that is my problem, I might be extremely different from most people and I'm OK with this. But why I have no option to disable this? This is something I just don't understand... Also, when I lock my phone, I don't want it to display some sensitive information. So, I set it this way. But, some new update decides it would be cool to display it anyway. So I need to dig through settings again... Neverending loop of unnecessary time loss.

When I decided to buy new phone I was considering Moto G or Xiaomi Redmi 2. Since I had some great memories of MIUI from HTC Desire, I decided it will be Xiaomi. At the same time my brother and two of my friends asked for recommendation, so I said go for Xiaomi. We all bought Redmi 2, all from different shops from three different countries. An we all have some problems. I got myself MiBand 1S just for fun. Yes, it is cheap, but I'm not sure if it's real world usability justifies even its low price. To me it is no longer cheap smart-something, but expensive rubber band.

To conclude. I will never recommend any of their products to anyone. I just don't want people to think there is something wrong with me. MiBand is nice and a lot of people asks me what it is. I do explain to them, and they are interested. But after I explain all the limitations, they somehow loose that interest...

I apologize for this OT rant to everyone. And I suggest that we go back to original topic and original problem. If we need to discuss this more, we can start a new thread or mods could merge this with some relevant thread.
You can not argue with me, I close with you by telling you that they are extremely satisfied with the Xiaomi products. As for me Band, not 'a smartwatch, and track activity. I often do a walk in my country, with car 1.5 km, with 1.45 Km Mi band, I do not care to see who is calling me, if I do not hear the phone Mi band vibrates, this for me is important. I love watches, do not sacrifice a watch for one smartwatch