Nova launcher and other 3rd party launchers

Hdfxsts

Members
Apr 17, 2022
I can't use full screen gestures when I'm using Nova launcher that's a big problem. I've bought an app for an Android phone but I can't use the launcher the way it's supposed to be used on a so called Flagship phone?? "Xiaomi 12 not so pro" It's kind of a deal breaker for an Android phone. If I wanted a restricted
Phone I would have bought an iPhone.
Is there any solution for this fault. I haven't been able to find a solution that works without root. I really hope that Xiaomi will fix this very soon and don't blame Google for the fault. Because I'm able to use Nova launcher perfectly fine on my old OnePlus 8 Pro running on Android 12

Reactions: Andrew733
It seems like Xiaomi development is just going to ignore
the fact that their software is flawed and force their customers to use the stock wannabe iPhone/Apple launcher with little to none useful functionality.
They are aware of this issue and have done nothing in over a year. I hope that others will join in and make their voices be heard, maby that will wake-up Xiaomi development.

Reactions: Andrew733
I understand you but why you need other third launcher app when you buy a xiaomi phone

The base launcher is very good you can do everything you want and the themes store is very good

I understand you but why you need other third launcher app when you buy a xiaomi phone

The base launcher is very good you can do everything you want and the themes store is very good
I wouldn't have bought a Xiaomi phone if I knew that you were forced to use the stock Launcher.

The whole idea of having an Android phone is
possiblity to change it to suit your requirements.

I don't like the clutter of having everything on the home screen and the functionality of the app drawer is almost non existent.

I guess that you properly newer have tried a 3rd party launcher and as for the themes store, I've tried quite a few themes and none of them were useable and almost all of them full of errors.

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures - in stock launcher not in system UI

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

Reactions: Hdfxsts
Thanks
I've already tried that and it doesn't work..
I've tried everything, except root. I don't want to use root because of my banking apps.

This is really a deal breaker as I have been using Nova launcher for ages. I have not received my 12 pro yet but on my mi 9 pro it was not a problem. For me a solution with root would no problem as I can hide the root state from my banking apps

Reactions: Hdfxsts
I wouldn't have bought a Xiaomi phone if I knew that you were forced to use the stock Launcher.

The whole idea of having an Android phone is
possiblity to change it to suit your requirements.

I don't like the clutter of having everything on the home screen and the functionality of the app drawer is almost non existent.

I guess that you properly newer have tried a 3rd party launcher and as for the themes store, I've tried quite a few themes and none of them were useable and almost all of them full of errors.
I use Android from 1.6 donut version so i have try every launcher in the world htc, Google nexus, Samsung, and mor but this Last year every brand have problem with 3rd party launcher like Samsung vivo iqoo and now xioami

Look this you get mor info

If you want the best on Android you have to buy oneplus aospo base rom you can do what you want

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can try this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
sorry for multiple post i try to help

You can set your home screen to use app drawer and change the left screen to app vault, Google discover, or none.

App drawer + Google discover puts the home screen fairly similar to stock pixel launcher, but definitely not as flexible as third party launchers.

Reactions: Hdfxsts and geoorg