Official TWRP for Mi 9 SE

alexiaomi
Which version did you install and does it work now properly, did you install the new twrp via recovery?

Thanks in advance
Hi, there are 2 official versions on the twrp.me we site. I tried both, none of them worked. I flashed them with fastboot. Also this unofficial one and this one works.

The unifficial twrp is on the xda website

Hi, there are 2 official versions on the twrp.me we site...

The unifficial twrp is on the xda website
Good evening I got now 21.1.6 running but it was hard to get there. Here is how I did it:
Flash XDA twrp via recovery
Install miui 12.5 21.1.6 via recovery
(after first reboot I was not able to decrypt the storage in the recovery and I was not able to boot into miui)
Flash original twrp via otg usb stick
Wipe dalvik
Reboot system
Enjoy

I hope this can help someone, thanks for the support and have a good evening.

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Good evening I got now 21.1.6 running but it was hard to get there. Here is how I did it:
Flash XDA twrp via recovery
Install miui 12.5 21.1.6 via recovery
(after first reboot I was not able to decrypt the storage in the recovery and I was not able to boot into miui)
Flash original twrp via otg usb stick
Wipe dalvik
Reboot system
Enjoy

I hope this can help someone, thanks for the support and have a good evening.
I also had to do the same. For some reason the only way to boot the phone is by flashing the official TWRP. But when I try to flash the ROM with it, I always get an error 7. With an unofficial TWRP I can flash the ROM but I can't boot to it, I get stuck in fastboot

I also had to do the same. For some reason the only way to boot the phone is by flashing the official TWRP. But when I try to flash the ROM with it, I always get an error 7. With an unofficial TWRP I can flash the ROM but I can't boot to it, I get stuck in fastboot
Also happened to me. I have always fastboot rom as back up. So I flashed this fastboot rom and started over again. Then it worked. That is, I flashed the unofficial TWRP and put the 15.2 beta rom on the storage. Flashed the rom and booted the phone. It worked.

alexiaomi
Which version did you install and does it work now properly, did you install the new twrp via recovery?

Thanks in advance

I always install with fastboot

according to @DarkoPhantom
you should use an old twrp TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img

I installed as recommended "TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
In TWRP:
Format data
Reboot to Recovery
Copy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip from PC
Wipe (factory reset)
Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip
Wipe cache and dalvik
Reboot system
Everything was great!!! (call, wi-fi no problem...)
Reboot to Recovery
Install Magisk-v21.2.zip
Reboot system
It took a little longer to install the Magisk Manager (There was one reboot and I reinstalled Magisk Manager)

according to @DarkoPhantom
you should use an old twrp TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img

I installed as recommended "TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
In TWRP:
Format data
Reboot to Recovery
Copy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip from PC
Wipe (factory reset)
Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip
Wipe cache and dalvik
Reboot system
Everything was great!!! (call, wi-fi no problem...)
Reboot to Recovery
Install Magisk-v21.2.zip
Reboot system
It took a little longer to install the Magisk Manager (There was one reboot and I reinstalled Magisk Manager)
Hi,

Thank you.

here how i got TWRP and ROM working

1. "fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
1a. maybe rename recovery image and try a shorter name like: "fastboot flash recovery wzsx150.img"
2. reboot to recovery with "fastboot reboot recovery"
3. Flash ROM and magisk from USBtoGO, because files are encrypted
when i flashed vbmeta before, USBtoGO showed no files!
4. then it started always to fastboot or TWRP, so boot to fastboot with Power button & VOL+
5. "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img"
5a. with 2021_01_20 ROM it worked also with "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.A9-grus-geoanto555.img"
6. "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"

and then ROM startet, also restarted fine, after a reboot to Fastboot twrp is gone and i had to start the same procedure.
but at least i found a way till next week ROM Release surprise.

vbmeta from here post #184:
Recoveries from here:

Last edited:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img
maybe rename recovery image and try a shorter name like: fastboot flash recovery wzsx150.img
reboot to recovery and flash ROM and magisk from USBtoGO
then it started always to fastboot
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and then ROM startet, also restarted fine, after a reboot to Fastboot twrp is gone and i had to start the same procedure.
but at least i found a way till next week ROM Release suprise.

Recovery from here:
Hi,

i've a problem with this command: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

i've this result: fastboot.exe: unknown option -- disable-verity

could you help me?

Hi, just rename into twrp.img first.
Don't flash from download, but put the img file in the folder, for example named mi9se.
Then set the phone right. Developer and turn on adb debugging.
adb devices > adb reboot bootloader > fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
TWRP will be flashed. Disconnect the phone and start it up in recovery. TWRP starts. Then you can flash the wanted rom.

fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img
maybe rename recovery image and try a shorter name like: fastboot flash recovery wzsx150.img
reboot to recovery and flash ROM and magisk from USBtoGO
then it started always to fastboot
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

but at least i found a way till next week ROM Release suprise.

Recovery from here:
Rename the img file to twrp.img and flash it with fastboot. Do not give command "fastboot boot twrp.img" but disconnect the phone after flashing twrp.img and start recovery.

Hello,
Today I updated my 9se to 21.01.20 with recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img, that worked fine.
Unfortunate I was not able to install magical with this twrp.
Then I installed [grus][recovery] TWRP-3.4.0-2-Mi9SE. after this I was only able to boot into fastbooot ( no recovery no system possible).

Now I have the problem that I cannot install another trow or an fastbooot ROM. The phone ditches of as soon as I want to connect with my pc.

Can anybody help me?

As I did a reset it looks like usb debugging is not activated jet.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
Today I updated my 9se to 21.01.20 with recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img, that worked fine.
Unfortunate I was not able to install magical with this twrp.
Then I installed [grus][recovery] TWRP-3.4.0-2-Mi9SE. after this I was only able to boot into fastbooot ( no recovery no system possible).

Now I have the problem that I cannot install another trow or an fastbooot ROM. The phone ditches of as soon as I want to connect with my pc.

Can anybody help me?

As I did a reset it looks like usb debugging is not activated jet.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I think you need to flash fastboot rom again with Mi Flash tool. Then start all over.

Let me know,
Alex

Hi,

Also with the mi flash tool I don't get the phone doing anything.
As soon as I select refresh the phone shuts down. I cannot see the serial in the flash tool only ??????

Hi,

Also with the mi flash tool I don't get the phone doing anything.
As soon as I select refresh the phone shuts down. I cannot see the serial in the flash tool only ??????
Also not impossible to flash the other twrp again? Or enter recovery and format?

No, I only can access fastboot. I hope it's not fully bricked
Strange that you can not flash fastboot rom. I could. I hope EDL is not the last solution, cos you need somebody with authorized Mi account.

Battery is still full? Could help too.
Another usb cable? I had that once.

I am pretty out of solutions, sorry.

Thanks for the hint with charging and the cable, will be tested tomorrow. Also with another pc if possible

Thanks for the hint with charging and the cable, will be tested tomorrow. Also with another pc if possible
Good luck. Put your experience here again. Hope it helps somehow. And if not maybe (hopefully) someone has the solution. When you want I will search on the internet for help.

p.s. a bad battery can brick your phone too.

Good day,
I tried it now with a charged battery and a different USB cabl plus a diffentet USB port all without success.
LAter I will try with a different laptop.

If someone has a different idea.

If someone is willing I can send it over for unlocking plus a few paypal beers:)

Good day,
I tried it now with a charged battery and a different USB cabl plus a diffentet USB port all without success.
LAter I will try with a different laptop.

If someone has a different idea.

If someone is willing I can send it over for unlocking plus a few paypal beers:)
Hi, there you mention something. Maybe you need to unlock bootloader again? Did you try that?