New Ok google 9.10.27

I also have this problem, cleared cache and is working for now. Although it does not allow me with the AI button to talk google voice assistance like it did in previous versions. I will test it again in 1 hour to see if it works. Mine is EN australia

How is vanced pirating?
It cracks some commercial features that are only available with YouTube Premium subscription, like background playback. Even though, in my opinion, limiting background/PiP playback (which is a native feature of Android) on this app to YouTube Premium subscribers is a greedy move by Google, it still can be considered a violation of Google's terms of service and user agreement. Hence, a pirated software, so use it on your own responsibility, we won't endorse it by providing support for it.

Reactions: Dorisnov
It cracks some commercial features that are only available with YouTube Premium subscription, like background playback. Even though, in my opinion, limiting background/PiP playback (which is a native feature of Android) on this app to YouTube Premium subscribers is a greedy move by Google, it still can be considered a violation of Google's terms of service and user agreement. Hence, a pirated software, so use it on your own responsibility, we won't endorse it by providing support for it.
OK. I agree with you on all points regarding YouTube Vanced, but Voice Match is still a basic feature of any Android smartphone and that only works for a limited time in your rom (except that it's only been running since MIUI 11), like Timeline in Google Maps, that does not work at all :).
Either it's the issue in China Dev rom or in your custom rom.
In all other aspects, your rom is just perfect!

Why? Do we look like a pirate software support forum?
Android is linux based programing , and there for youtube are the ones violating the very concept of open source by limiting background/PiP playback. therefore vanced by definition cannot be considered pirating if what they do is using an open source base software and reprogramming it the way it was intended!

Reactions: Poney70
Android is linux based programing , and there for youtube are the ones violating the very concept of open source by limiting background/PiP playback. therefore vanced by definition cannot be considered pirating if what they do is using an open source base software and reprogramming it the way it was intended!
Not sure where you got that idea from. Providing any kinds of background playback/PiP mode is not mandatory for any app, and even if a developer decides to add the implementation, he doesn't have to provide it for free.
This is the same as saying: "Android natively supports live wallpapers, thus all live wallpapers should be free and open-source."
Makes sense? I doubt it. There's a difference between a platform/framework/API which *enables* the feature and a product/app/library that *implements* the feature.

OK. I agree with you on all points regarding YouTube Vanced, but Voice Match is still a basic feature of any Android smartphone and that only works for a limited time in your rom...
My replies were directed at YouTube Vanced only, it has nothing to do with Voice Match.
We've tried to reproduce the Voice Match issue with no success. It works fine on Mi 9 here.

I got the Ok google problem too on my Mi 9. If I select use ok google, the switch flips but almost instantly goes back to off and it says an error occured try later. Phone is set to english US. It also didn't work in last weeks version but then you guys reuploaded the firmware one day later and it was fixed and working perfectly until I updated to the current version on friday

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see there was a reuploaded version today. It works with that now. Thanks for the fix!

Last edited:
1,5 hours after update to reuploded version and OK Google in german still works!
Thx to devs. Now it's everything perfekt!
Update:
After 2 hours it is broken again :( So the problem isn't solved til now.

Last edited:
I can confirm that, ok google runs short but is then broken again.
The timeline bug seems to be fixed but not tested enough.
My Mi9 shows then the miui quicksearch when i use the KI-Key, but in the settings the key is already bind to google assistant.
if these happened you get an error in the google setting for activating google voice ´match

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-21-14-17-30-937_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-21-14-17-30-937_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: extpumajl
I noticed the following: if you do not select an app as an assistant app and then switch back to Google, OK Google will work again for some time.

I noticed the following: if you do not select an app as an assistant app and then switch back to Google, OK Google will work again for some time.
I noticed this too. But it's very short lived.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I found something else:

After setting Google as the default assistant app in Settings and using the "OK Google" feature (eg, asking for the weather), it will not work after that until you return to "No app" and switch back to Google as assistant app.

Last edited:
Same happens to me on K20 Pro with the reuploaded version in Spanish. Works for few minutes then stops till I reboot. Tried to clear cache. Looks like Google Assistant just stops from running in the background after a while and Ok Google stops even if you start the assistant app again without reboot

Same happens to me on K20 Pro with the reuploaded version in Spanish. Works for few minutes then stops till I reboot. Tried to clear cache. Looks like Google Assistant just stops from running in the background after a while and Ok Google stops even if you start the assistant app again without reboot
Try to force stop the google app, OK Google will work again for a while.