Invalid Ok Google

redninja

Members
Sep 1, 2018
Sorry.. if this has been asked..

Is OK Google now working on the mi9 with 9.8.1 miui rom... I've read somewhere that this is indeed an issue previously with earlier versions of this rom..

Struggling to get that element of Google assistant working on the mi9

I heard it works on the global variant, just not the eu variant, is this still the case ??

Going to have to bin this off with regret..

Waze also doesn't work, as I suspect it uses Googles technologies, given its owned by Google

I'm no developer, but i am very IT Savvy and understand the vendor specifics imposed on the Chinese variants of these roms..

I love the eu rom, used it for years and a massive Xiaomi fan.. and kudos to the hard work you do..

Lack of hands free functionality. Is not very eu though

Shame there is no majisk module that fixes this as such yet..

Hands free is the technology that any developer should be getting behind.. please don't take this as critismn but i feel you guys should need to be trying to find a fix for what is deemed to be a flagship device..

Hands free is the future of mobile phones..

To get behind rom that reduces this functionality, imho is very much backward thinking in terms of tech..

There is developer on xda who insists he is working on a fix... Based on the next eu stable 10.5.. hopefully that will change things. Till then.. Sadly Global it is..

Last edited:
Going to have to bin this off with regret..

Waze also doesn't work, as I suspect it uses Googles technologies, given its owned by Google

I'm no developer, but i am very IT Savvy and understand the vendor specifics imposed on the Chinese variants of these roms..

I love the eu rom, used it for years and a massive Xiaomi fan.. and kudos to the hard work you do..

Lack of hands free functionality. Is not very eu though

Shame there is no majisk module that fixes this as such yet..

Hands free is the technology that any developer should be getting behind.. please don't take this as critismn but i feel you guys should need to be trying to find a fix for what is deemed to be a flagship device..

Hands free is the future of mobile phones..

To get behind rom that reduces this functionality, imho is very much backward thinking in terms of tech..

There is developer on xda who insists he is working on a fix... Based on the next eu stable 10.5.. hopefully that will change things. Till then.. Sadly Global it is..
An unnecessary lecture about why hands-free is important. Think we don't already know all that?

Reactions: sahafdeen
An unnecessary lecture about why hands-free is important. Think we don't already know all that?
Sorry I don't mean to offend. I wouldn't say it's unnecessary point it out.

But something that really should focused on rather than Android Q, which currently only at Beta..

But then your bound to what Xiaomi release

Last edited:
Here is a workaround for AI button until it gets fixed: If you have Magisk with Xiaomi AI button remapper module you can set the Google Assistant to AI button and it works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112
thanks, i am using 9.8.15 on my Mi9 and now i can use AI button for google assistant voice search :cool: