Members
Dec 8, 2017
Hello guys,

I want to upgrade my mom's mi4c.
The phone has old MIUI rom from here.
MIUI 7.0
7.0.15.0 (LXKCNCI)
TWRP 3.0.2.0
Android 5.1.1. And the phone is so laggy.

Tried installing new twrp and LOS and got into bootloop.
I don't mind upgrade to MIUI or to LOS but I don't want to get into bootloop again. so if you can tell me the steps to upgrade the phone.
Thank's alot.

Follow these instructions .....
1. transfer 6.12.22 to phone
2. boot to TWRP MAKE FULL BACKUP! STORE THIS TO COMPUTER OR OTHER SECURE PLACE! and install 6.12.22, wipe dalvic&cache
3. boot to 6.12.22
4. transfer 7.2.9 firmware to phone
5. boot to TWRP and install 7.2.9, wipe dalvic&cache
6. boot to 7.2.9
7. transfer 7.9.21 to phone
8. boot to fastboot, use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img" in commmandline of your comp to install new TWRP 3.1.1
9. boot to TWRP and install 7.9.21, wipe dalvic&cache
10. boot to your brand new miui 9, wait for it to start may take like 15 mins or so.

Yes you can skip some parts if you like, but this is the "fool proof" method.
Remember you can always check if your phone is unlocked from fastboot by typing "fastboot oem device-info", and unlock if nesessary.
Needed files:
Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

First of all thank's alot!
I just saw that there are updates via OTA. should I just use them and that's it?

Fastboot TWRP Libra 7 ....then install one of the newer ROMS ...the bootloader issue has been fixed in the newer release....
CHANGELOG 7.10.26

Bootloader

Optimize - Updated bootloader file for MI4C, MI4S, HMNote3Pro, MiNotePro
(May relock your bootloader on HMNote3Pro so unlock it again after installation)
Tried but it dosen't seems to work. I think the bootloader got locked somehow. but the phone is not running so how can I unlock the bootloader now?

You can skip the first step...... go to step 4....
Hey and thank's again. from some reason I keep getting an error on the miflash which say "couldn't find script" and I tried to flash from two diffrent computers and tried few miflash versions. Thank's.

Edit: Managed to flash the dev rom(using an old miflash version) and managed to open the bootloader.
Please tell me the steps(When to flash and when to flash twrp) Thank's.

Last edited:
Hi Guys , i'm ****ed same way.
Did flash the new firmware and get blocked at the restart, i remind that i had the same problem with my mi4c (the one which is blocked now is my wife's phone), so i will need t find a solution really quickly, oterwise i will get killed :)

I have tried to use fastboot, but my bootloader is now locked, i can't use ADB commands...
I'm totally blocked, do you have any idea, because i even can't restart on android to push a new/old rom on the phone, i have just access to fastboot and the black screen when i try to go on TRWP.

Thnaks
David

Hi Guys , i'm ****ed same way.
Did flash the new firmware and get blocked at the restart, i remind that i had the same problem with my mi4c (the one which is blocked now is my wife's phone), so i will need t find a solution really quickly, oterwise i will get killed :)

I have tried to use fastboot, but my bootloader is now locked, i can't use ADB commands...
I'm totally blocked, do you have any idea, because i even can't restart on android to push a new/old rom on the phone, i have just access to fastboot and the black screen when i try to go on TRWP.

Thnaks
David
Hey. I had the same problem. a link to a guide has been posted just few comments up. you need to flash dev build with miflash.
For me only an old miflash version worked. Good luck

Hi Elad can you give me the link you have used to do do ?

And tell me which version of miflash did you use plz

then after you follow again the same steps, or do jump from 1 to other roms faster ?

then after you follow again the same steps, or do jump from 1 to other roms faster ?
After you unlock the bootloader you can install other roms but I don't know to which roms you can upgrade so I am waiting for the answer aswell.

Since the bootloader issue has been fixed starting with .... https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-10-26.42040/ 7.10.26 ....copy it to your device...use the updater app and choose installation package...the phone should reboot to TWRP and install the ROM ...while in TWRP wipe dalvik and cache before rebooting... then reboot to system...once the system reboots put it into Fastboot mode and flash TWRP Libra 7...while in TWRP wipe dalvik and cache...then reboot to recovery NOT system... now you can reboot to system .....

EDIT: I am assuming you have TWRP 3.0.2.0 TS Installed and ROM 6.12.22... and unlocked...
Did what you told me and in the middle of the installation in twrp(When I chose to install the package from the updater app) the phone just turned off and now I can only enter fastboot again.

Edit: reflashed the phone using miflash and now I will unlock the bootloader again and install twrp 3.0.2.0, and 6.12.22. What should I do now so the phone won't get bricked again?

Last edited:
I'm not able to do that.

For myself :
was under 2016*-01-01
By using flashify was able to install TRWP 2.82
i unlock the bootloader (using fastboot unlock oem)
then
Installation of 6.12.22 (bootloader still unlocked)
then
Installation of 7.2.9 (then bootloader locked)
then
unlock bootloader using official Xiaomi tool
then
Found the proper TRWP 3.1.1 for libra, install it
Then last Miui 9 installed

All work :)

Last edited:
3.1.1.0 N ....it's the newest for Android N ...

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
But I tried this one from the offical twrp site and got black screen... by the way the phone still runs 6.12.22(I didn't upgrade to miui 9 because the new twrp did black screen)

Last edited:
Install 7.2.9 ( bootloader locked)
Check to see if your bootloader is locked at this point...if so ....
Unlock bootloader using official Xiaomi tool
Flash TRWP 3.1.1 for libra via fasboot
Then install last Miui 9...
Look at Dav999 post above..
Flashed 7.2.9 last time and got into bootloop...

Last edited: