Older Miui With Working Compass - Which One?

Hansu

Members
Aug 30, 2015
Hi, I'm new to these forums :)

I'm using Hongmi 1 WCDMA (HM2013023), running stas2z's MIUI-4.3.8 (with Android 4.2.2). Everything works well apart from the compass which cannot be calibrated. What I mean exactly is that rotating the phone by 90 degrees causes the compass in Google Maps to rotate by 360 degrees. What's more, I am unable to recalibrate the compass because as soon as I press "calibrate", I get the "calibration finished" popup. As far as I can remember, I was only able to calibrate it once, freshly after flashing the rom.

Now I know for sure this is not a hardware problem since I tried installing the newest rom (5.8.27) and the compass worked perfectly. However, what was not perfect was the overall poor performance of the system and the terrible music player which I didn't like at all.

Straight to the point - I would love to have a working compass but at the same time stick to an older version of MIUI so that it would run as smoothly as my current 4.3.8. All this without having to test dozens of roms and potentially wasting a week to do it.

Any recommendations? :)

I know double-posting is never welcome but I'll try since nobody replied I've already found the solution myself.

I've tried stas2z's 4.8.22 and 4.8.27 (available here: http://en.miui.com/thread-13092-1-1.html) because I'd really liked his modification.

In case anyone gives them a shot, I'll give you a hint. 4.8.27 installed directly won't boot up. You will need to install 4.8.22 first and then flash the 4.8.22 -> 4.8.27 patch (available in the link above). As for me, I didn't really like the looks of 4.8.27 so I guess I'll just stick to the good old 4.8.22.

Anyway, the compass is working alright now ;)