OTA survival with Magisk root

Vyto-Khron

Members
Dec 13, 2020
On the official global MIUI rom, I had to use the "OTA survival" option in OrangeFox recovery for incremental OTA updates to work with root installed. My question is: does this version, i.e. MIUI EU, offer incremental OTA updates (small size ones < 1GB) or is it a full recovery rom every time? In the second case, I assume I wont need OTA survival. Am I correct? The thing is that the backup file takes much space on my internal storage.

On the official global MIUI rom, I had to use the "OTA survival" option in OrangeFox recovery for incremental OTA updates to work with root installed. My question is: does this version, i.e. MIUI EU, offer incremental OTA updates (small size ones < 1GB) or is it a full recovery rom every time? In the second case, I assume I wont need OTA survival. Am I correct? The thing is that the backup file takes much space on my internal storage.
Xiaomi.EU doesn't offer incremental OTA , none of the miui based modded ROMs does . The updates recieved from the update app are always full packaged recovery flashable zip files . No need for ota survival in that .

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vyto-Khron