OTA-update doesn't work for me

HugoYe

Members
Sep 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

When I click Download in the OTA-app when a new update appears in it. OTA gives a message: "You are up to date or there is a server issue, check xiaomi.eu for a new version!". This problem has been there for a few weeks already. Every time when there is a new update, I have to manually install it from xiaomi.eu forums, which bothers me. Is there a solution for this?
The device, that I'm currently using is Xiaomi Mi 8. I'm also using stable releases for MI 8.

Thanks for your time.

Hi, clear cache and data of Updater app. The check for updates and press and hold the Download button for at least 15 seconds, then it will start to download the rom.

Reactions: HugoYe
Oh, thank you so much. I will try just as how you told me when the next release comes out.

Hi,
Exactly the same happens to me. I did what werty said but there's no change. The same message appears even if I press the download button for more than 15 seconds.
Thank you

Hi,
Exactly the same happens to me. I did what werty said but there's no change. The same message appears even if I press the download button for more than 15 seconds.
Thank you
If it shows that there is a server issue you should download the rom manually. This trick worked on previous versions but may no longer work.

Does this mean that I dont need to go through hole process of fastboot and wipeing the phone for each update even when using custom rom?

Does this mean that I dont need to go through hole process of fastboot and wipeing the phone for each update even when using custom rom?
To switch from custom rom (Lineage, PixelExperience etc.) to xiaomi.eu you need to wipe data. To switch to stock miui rom you have to use the fastboot method.

The topic fits for me as well...

Mi Mi 8 is running the 8.10.18 xiaomi.EU-rom. The Updater-App says that there is an update. After downloading it, and pushing the "install-button" the device shuts down, but doesn't boot again - unless I start in fastboot, shut down and start manually again...

any ideas why it doesn't work?

To switch from custom rom (Lineage, PixelExperience etc.) to xiaomi.eu you need to wipe data. To switch to stock miui rom you have to use the fastboot method.

Cant switch to stock rom since global official rom doesnt exist.

Unfortunately I have exactly same issue as op, I cannot update via Updater using directly Download button.
I have stable version and I try to update to a stable one too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-03-34-280_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-03-34-280_com.android.settings.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,415
  • Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-42-27-981_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-42-27-981_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    123 KB · Views: 1,689
  • Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-35-24-585_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-35-24-585_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,561
I download zip files with Google chrome directly from my phone, then I go to the updater app, flag the zip file downloaded and then boom it's done.. just so easy... So you don't have to download the update via updater app that sucks..

Reactions: robgomm
I give up and I manually updated too, I followed same steps like @Demods3 previously indicated.
The previous update, in November, I was in same situation, the OTA functionality wasn't work.
So unfortunately is a persistent bug.

I download zip files with Google chrome directly from my phone, then I go to the updater app, flag the zip file downloaded and then boom it's done.. just so easy... So you don't have to download the update via updater app that sucks..
I am struggling with the same issue - can you point me in the right direction in where to download the updates

I am struggling with the same issue - can you point me in the right direction in where to download the updates

Well, have you just tried it?
After downloading (manually) the .ZIP-File, I scroll down in the updater-app (after clicking "choose update-package") to the very bottom and there is the aforesaid .ZIP File.

Well, have you just tried it?
After downloading (manually) the .ZIP-File, I scroll down in the updater-app (after clicking "choose update-package") to the very bottom and there is the aforesaid .ZIP File.

I installed the stable version so that cannot use the weekly updates... I do not want to wipe my phone again...
So I have to wait for the next stable update

Hello everyone, I also have a problem with the update, what to do, what spells to pronounce? Or just download from the site and force it to take from zip?
Screenshot_2019-03-17-19-44-39-141_com.android.settings.png
Screenshot_2019-03-17-19-01-06-782_pl.zdunex25.updater.png

I recommend you to download it and then install it from your local download folder.
The message is misleading.

What green part?
Are you referring to the bottom blue button with the text: Check ?
Ah, I forgot, indeed when an update is available, the Check button became green with the text Download and the size of package, if I'm remember well.
But I will try next time, on next update to verify if the solution is to hold the button pressed for a long time to start the download.
Screenshot_2019-03-28-00-25-21-017_pl.zdunex25.updater.png

I tried to keep pressed 10, 15, 20 seconds the Download button (green button) but without any success.
Are other suggestion to download via updater application the stable update package?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-06-15-20-14-649_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-06-15-20-14-649_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 679
Ok, It seems to be working for me for a while already. You have to wait until the mod uploads the rom file onto sourceforge. It should be working right after that.
Can this thread be closed?

Can this thread be closed?
Why?
The issue is still reproducible for stable releases.
For example the update tool doesn't download the available package, which is already posted on sourceforge from May 25, today is May 31.
According with your post, how many days should I still wait for download to work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-31-12-51-01-141_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-31-12-51-01-141_com.android.chrome.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 633
  • Screenshot_2019-05-31-12-50-45-798_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-31-12-50-45-798_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 867
Why?
The issue is still reproducible for stable releases.
For example the update tool doesn't download the available package, which is already posted on sourceforge from May 25, today is May 31.
According with your post, how many days should I still wait for download to work?
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that the updater is still bothering you. I haven't specified that I was using beta version of xiaomi.eu. For me, it worked right after the file appeared on xiaomi.eu SOURCEFORGE files.