OTA Update for Global ROM ?

Walter Baldauf

Members
Feb 12, 2021
I have the MIUI Global 12.0.1 Stabil on my Mi 11 ultra (before that the chinese version was installed) . Can I receive OTA Updates with this global version now ?
And is the xiaomi.eu rom better than the global one ?
Can I receive OTA Updates with the xiaomi.eu ?

Yes, you will receive ota updates for your global ROM but they are not so frequent as Chinese. Chinese version has lots of smaller stable updates, the global has fewer but with more changes in each. Also global has fewer Xiaomi apps and more Google versions ( like phone, contacts and messages), so updates will come at different times.
The EU ROM does have ota updates. Well the 11 Ultra will when a twrp is available. Until then no. Ota uses recovery ROMs and recovery to flash the ROM update. When a standard custom recovery is available to push and replace the stock recovery, the Dev guys at EU will only produce recovery ROMs to be flashed using that recovery. This is when the EU ROM will use ota updates.

Reactions: Poney70
There is only one global ROM other stock options that Xiaomi use are EEA, Indo, Indian and Chinese.

Thanks, and is this the same Global ROM as in the device which is sold in Germany ?

Global Stable Internacional = RKAMIXM
Global Stable EEA (EU) = RKAEUXM = Sales in Germany
Global Stable India = RKAINXM
Global Stable Indonesia = RKAIDXM
China Stable = RKACNXM