OTA Update not working [UPDATE!!]

Thekn

Members
Sep 16, 2011
When I open the default Update App (with the Green Arrow), it's checking for updates

After that it automatically begins to download the latest version (1.9.16)

After that I choose the option to update, and it will restart into Recovery so it should install the ROM.

But I'll get an error during the installation and it's immediately (after maybe a half a second of installing the package) restarting!

Why is the OTA update not working on my DHD using the Update App?

Other information:
When I click on "New Version Found: MIUI 1.9.16 I see a Chinese Changelog

Also, the downloaded OTA zip is called "miui-ota-ace-1.9.9-1.9.16.zip (which is only 3.7mb)
while the Zip file from the website's download link is called "miuiandroid_DHD-1.9.9.zip and has the size of a normal ROM update.

I also had this with the previous Versions using OTA update

[UPDATE]

Today (23-09-2011 13:25) I checked for an Update with ROM Manager, It said there wasn't an Update available. Also when I looked in the category "Download ROM", there was still the 1.9.16 update. After that i opened the default Updater App and I started to check for Updates.. After that I got a message that there was a new update and when I clicked on it, it showed the MIUI Android Site instead of the Chinese Changelog I normally saw! But after downloading the ROM I got an error in Recovery Mode, it was looking for some kind of Recovery Script. So i restarted the Phone and opened the ROM Manager App. I chose the option "Flash Zip From SD" and "Clean Dalvik Cache" and it rebooted in Recovery.. After that it was installed successfully!!!!!! There are still some problems but it's working! But why isn't there an Update available in the Default Updater App but not in ROM Manager??!! Or does my Phone use the Default Recovery first instead of the ROM Manager Recovery? Please help!

I get the same issues on HTC Desire.
I'm currently on 1.9.2 and updates for 1.9.9 and 1.9.16 both appear to fail.
Reboot into recovery is followed swiftly by processing, but too fast to see any errors.
When my phones boots fully the updater says 1.9.2 still.

Installing: /sdcard/downloaded_rom/miui-ota-bravo-1.9.2-1.9.9-k76miayd8w.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "generic/libra_bravo/bravo:2.3.5/MIUI/1.9.2:userdebug/test-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "generic/libra_bravo/bravo:2.3.5/MIUI/1.9.2:userdebug/test-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/downloaded_rom/miui-ota-bravo-1.9.2-1.9.9-k76miayd8w.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I get the same issues on HTC Desire.
I'm currently on 1.9.2 and updates for 1.9.9 and 1.9.16 both appear to fail.
Reboot into recovery is followed swiftly by processing, but too fast to see any errors.
When my phones boots fully the updater says 1.9.2 still.

Installing: /sdcard/downloaded_rom/miui-ota-bravo-1.9.2-1.9.9-k76miayd8w.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "generic/libra_bravo/bravo:2.3.5/MIUI/1.9.2:userdebug/test-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "generic/libra_bravo/bravo:2.3.5/MIUI/1.9.2:userdebug/test-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/downloaded_rom/miui-ota-bravo-1.9.2-1.9.9-k76miayd8w.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Same exact thing here but on HTC G2.

The file the OTA updated downloaded was only 7mb but it's normally 80-90mb. That's got to be part of the issue.

I am on 1.9.9 and mine also says no updates found.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

HTC Desire : Mine also says no updates found.... (Is there a location to download them manually, without the use of rom manager) ?

I have CWM too, but this is for NON CWM:

"You do not need to copy any file to /sdcard/MIUI/ if you are using ClockworkMod recovery as this is the default!

Copy the following file to /sdcard/MIUI/ if you are using AmonRA recovery: ota.config.amonra (Note: Use “Save link as…”)

Copy the following file to /sdcard/MIUI/ if you are using Team Win recovery: ota.config.twrp (Note: Use “Save link as…”)"

How can we fix it? Or someone try it with CWM? :(

Today (23-09-2011 13:25) I checked for an Update with ROM Manager, It said there wasn't an Update available. Also when I looked in the category "Download ROM", there was still the 1.9.16 update. After that i opened the default Updater App and I started to check for Updates.. After that I got a message that there was a new update and when I clicked on it, it showed the MIUI Android Site instead of the Chinese Changelog I normally saw! :) But after downloading the ROM I got an error in Recovery Mode, it was looking for some kind of Recovery Script. So i restarted the Phone and opened the ROM Manager App. I chose the option "Flash Zip From SD" and "Clean Dalvik Cache" and it rebooted in Recovery.. After that it was installed successfully!!!!!! :D There are still some problems but it's working! But why isn't there an Update available in the Default Updater App but not in ROM Manager??!! Or does my Phone use the Default Recovery first instead of the ROM Manager Recovery? Please help!

After not working for a few weeks, today ota worked perfect for me. However it downloaded and flashed the full file,not the patch file.
Thanks a lot guys.

After not working for a few weeks, today ota worked perfect for me. However it downloaded and flashed the full file,not the patch file.
Thanks a lot guys.

Did you download it with ROM Manager or the default Updater App?

@Thekn
I used the miui updater app.
Try using the ota updater fix thread posted earlier. I use amonra and I copied files to SD card and system.

Worked fine for me this week with the updater app. Last week was a mess, but this week was fine.