Ota Updates Not Working

Meeow

Members
Jul 22, 2016
Hi all

I can't find the solution to this in previous posts but if there is please let me know.

I got a Redmi Note 2 last year and installed the weekly rom from this site. Since then the OTA has never worked. It always shows no updates available.

The phone works fine but it's probably a good idea to keep up to date for security reasons. The only minor problems I have are that the alarms rings a few minutes after the set time (a known problem I think), and the Google calendar requires a manual refresh to sync. By the way, are any of the MIUI roms hosted here affected by the vulerability reported recently in ZDNet ("Millions of Xiaomi phones at risk of remotely installed malware") or similar ones?

The phone is rooted and has TWRP 2.8.7.0 and SuperSU installed.
My Updater app shows "MIUI 5.11.5 Weekly" and "No updates available"

The system "About" screen shows:
  • Android 5.0.2 LRX22G
  • MIUI version 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.11.5 Beta
  • Baseband version MOLY.LR9.W1423.MD. LWTG.MP.V24.P37
  • Kernel version 3.10.61+4711948-9e699-073cef8f
So should I update and what to I need to do to get OTA updates in future?
If I have to do a factory reset then what's the easiest way to retain/restore my settings (I have got Titanium Backup installed).

Thanks in advance
Meeow

Hi all

I can't find the solution to this in previous posts but if there is please let me know.

I got a Redmi Note 2 last year and installed the weekly rom from this site. Since then the OTA has never worked. It always shows no updates available.

The phone works fine but it's probably a good idea to keep up to date for security reasons. The only minor problems I have are that the alarms rings a few minutes after the set time (a known problem I think), and the Google calendar requires a manual refresh to sync. By the way, are any of the MIUI roms hosted here affected by the vulerability reported recently in ZDNet ("Millions of Xiaomi phones at risk of remotely installed malware") or similar ones?

• Android 5.0.2 LRX22G
If I have to do a factory reset then what's the easiest way to retain/restore my settings (I have got Titanium Backup installed).

Thanks in advance
Meeow
Hello, you just have to install the update today, MIUI 8 6.7.21

Hi all

• Android 5.0.2 LRX22G

Thanks in advance
Meeow
Hi all

• Android 5.0.2 LRX22G

Thanks in advance
Meeow

Goodmorning everyone so you're saying that by installing this ROM will not need to download the ROM from xiaomi.eu . will the update to warn Aplications . I hope you understand

I just found this point on the ROM page:
"OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control..."​

I just found this point on the ROM page:
"OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control..."​
in contrast to what he says stefano131260?

Is it necessary to do a factory reset to update?
If so, will a straight-forward backup and restore with Titanium Backup work or are there any tricks to know about?

Is it necessary to do a factory reset to update?
If so, will a straight-forward backup and restore with Titanium Backup work or are there any tricks to know about?

No if you have this ROM
MIUI version 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.11.5 Beta
Update the ROM today without wipe