OTA upgrade failures

Tanno

Members
Jul 26, 2021
Hello,
I unlocked the bootloader then noticed new OTA upgrades where failing. I decided not to root so I used fastboot to lock the bootloader. Upgrades are still failing.

Any answer to this problem or did I forever forsake upgrades by unlocking and the locking the bootloader.

Thanks for the help if you have it.

Maybe you could provide some informations in order to have some insight... What is your phone ? What is your current ROM ? What are the OTA that are failing ?

If you are using the original Xiaomi rom, and you are talking about "real" OTA, you are on the forum of a custom ROM, and we probably won't be able to help.

My phone is a Redmi Note 8 Pro. The current rom is 12.0.8.0. The upgrade that fails is 12.5.1.0.

I have two Redmi Note 8 Pro's, one updated no problem, but the one with the previously unlocked bootloader will not upgrade.

If I am in the wrong forum then maybe you could tell me where I should post. Also, if I could find a scatter file that works I would format and downgrade my current rom and hope OTA would work again.

Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

My phone is a Redmi Note 8 Pro. The current rom is 12.0.8.0. The upgrade that fails is 12.5.1.0.

I have two Redmi Note 8 Pro's, one updated no problem, but the one with the previously unlocked bootloader will not upgrade.

If I am in the wrong forum then maybe you could tell me where I should post. Also, if I could find a scatter file that works I would format and downgrade my current rom and hope OTA would work again.

Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Redmi Note 8 Pro is a Mediatek-based device, and we don't support it in our project.
Which means you're using an official Global ROM, so ask for help on the official forums:

Reactions: Poney70