[PATCH] Stable to Weekly BootFix (only working for devices that were shipped with Android 9 or below)

In your log file:
/tmp/bootfix/script.sh: line 1: syntax error: unexpected redirection

I don't understand this "unexpected redirection" thing... Your TWRP is outdated, an update will certainly avoid this bug. :)

EDIT: Found a workaround, I will update my bootfix to v1.2.1. ^^
I update recovery and now I don't have problems flashing but followings the steps it boots to recovery again... Please, I appreciate so much your support but don't spend more time with me, I feel bad about this... Maybe I am doing something wrong

I tried with 1.1 and 1.2

I update recovery and now I don't have problems flashing but followings the steps it boots to recovery again... Please, I appreciate so much your support but don't spend more time with me, I feel bad about this... Maybe I am doing something wrong

I tried with 1.1 and 1.2
I saw in your recovery.log you installed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip". I never used that thing and I don't recommend it. ;)

EDIT: You should uninstall Magisk to check if it's not a Magisk issue. :)

EDIT 2: New version (better compatibility with old custom recovery versions): TWRP_Stable_to_Weekly_BootFix_v1.2.2.zip

Last edited:
I saw in your recovery.log you installed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip". I never used that thing and I don't recommend it. ;)

EDIT: You should uninstall Magisk to check if it's not a Magisk issue. :)

EDIT 2: New version (better compatibility with old custom recovery versions): TWRP_Stable_to_Weekly_BootFix_v1.2.2.zip
Thanks for the zip file recommendation, I tried this to solve the problem from a telegram group, don't know what this zip file do.

I will try the fix without magisk and let you know

Thanks and regards!

Thanks for the zip file recommendation, I tried this to solve the problem from a telegram group, don't know what this zip file do.

I will try the fix without magisk and let you know

Thanks and regards!
@Poney70 i tried without instaling magisk and keep booting to receovery.... does i need to remove magisk before start changing rom process?

Now i have loop, so all i need to do is flash last stable i had, then flash bootfix over it, then weekly and bootfix? Do i have to reboot between these steps or no?

Now i have loop, so all i need to do is flash last stable i had, then flash bootfix over it, then weekly and bootfix? Do i have to reboot between these steps or no?
Exactly, no reboot between steps. ;)

EDIT: For the next Weekly version (update), do not forget to install the bootfix after the installation of the new ROM. :)

Hi im interested in swap on weekly version, but im kinda scared of bootloop or smthing like this. Is it safe? Are there any possible risks? Thanks :)

Hi im interested in swap on weekly version, but im kinda scared of bootloop or smthing like this. Is it safe? Are there any possible risks? Thanks :)
Hello, is it 100% safe to flash ROMs too? ^^

If you have a Mi 9T/K20 device, I don't recommend to switch to Weekly version because:

1) Weekly updates will end at the end of November, 2021 for this device

2) Latest Weekly version has an older Android security patch level (May, 2021) than the latest Stable version (July, 2021)

3) Weekly versions are less smoother than the latest Stable version

Reactions: JiaiJ
Thanks, for important info, to be honest i didnt know about point 1) and 2), so i will keep on stable, appreciate it <3

Reactions: Poney70
Hello, is it 100% safe to flash ROMs too? ^^

If you have a Mi 9T/K20 device, I don't recommend to switch to Weekly version because:

1) Weekly updates will end at the end of November, 2021 for this device

2) Latest Weekly version has an older Android security patch level (May, 2021) than the latest Stable version (July, 2021)

3) Weekly versions are less smoother than the latest Stable version
You think we'll still get stable updates for our model? Went back to current stable and it's horrid compared to the weekly.

Tried flashing over the latest stable 12.5.6 to the last weekly, I do all the steps as listed in the first post but it boots straight back into recovery every time. Updated the TWRP to latest but still the same. Your script lists no errors.