Perfect HongMi fake or strange original? Help me to understand!

Pukos

Members
Jun 22, 2013
I'm with an HongMi bought on Aliexpress. It's seem original: screen resolution, quality, etc.. but I don't have any updater app and also the recovery is missing.

Help me to understand if it's original and how update. Thx!!!!

2014-07-15 07.34.26.jpg
2014-07-15 07.33.57.jpg

when you're in that screen (second attachment) hit the menu then try to enter recovery. Also try to hit the "update" option from that screen. At first glance, the baseband and ROM version seem legit.

When i hit update the information app close itself... probably because the missing update app.
Anyway I found this thread -> http://en.miui.com/thread-19586-1-1.html that seem refer to device like mine.

Wondering why some seller want to use personalized MIUI version instead of original or multilanguage!

Any other opinions?

Oh I forget to tell that the screen of this device has replaced with a RedMi replacement... perhaps this should be a BIG clue?!

At the moment I rooted with framaroot, installed mobileuncle... I'm only waiting to find the courage to flash new recovery :/

(somewere) I have read that there are 2 version of hongme: old one and new one, with different recovery. Is this true or they probably where talking about redmi 1 vs redmi 1S ?

tnx again

17076 point on AnTuTu (freshly installed from play store)... I'm starting to believe is original!
Please, leave me a feedback/opinion :)

So, today I felt enough brave to flash recovery and clarify that 1% of doubt in my mind: everything went fine!

So even if your RedRice has not correct recovery and updater app is missing, your device should be original!

I have seen so much people doubting their red rices are original ...
I feel it's very weird because its price in China is $130 and there is only a very small profit room for the fake.
Who would fake these........perfectly